Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
420 Posts
Definitely no where near 81% 'satisfied'.
Based on my experiences as a pax (about 30 trips/month) I'd say it's about 60% satisfied, 40% not satisfied.

Most of the new drivers have no idea that current rates are about 1/2 of 2014 rates. And most have no idea that waiting 5+ min between pings almost never happened even just a year ago.

· Registered
692 Posts
Based on my experiences as a pax (about 30 trips/month) I'd say it's about 60% satisfied, 40% not satisfied.

Most of the new drivers have no idea that current rates are about 1/2 of 2014 rates. And most have no idea that waiting 5+ min between pings almost never happened even just a year ago.
I'm speaking about experience in the Detroit area.........the average pax is thrilled, no doubt.

· Premium Member
26,818 Posts
I still do not wait over five minutes between UberX pings, even in the suburbs. The one exception is if I am coming back from Dulles Airport. I do not hang around there, I head back to Far North Arlington or Falls Gulch, where I receive a ping immediately upon arrival at Sycamore Street/East Falls Gulch subway.

If anyone were to examine my UberX trip logs, they would see the fallacy of Uber's Rocket Science which states that "lower rates equal more trips therefore increased earnings". I signed on to UberX in June, 2014. The pings came fast and furious. The pings still come fast and furious. I haul the same number of passengers on UberX now that I did in June, 2014, but for thirty per-cent less than I did in June, 2014. My bottom line is thirty percent lower now than it was in June, 2014. What happened is that "lower rates equal the same number of trips therefore diminished earnings".

Overall, taxi pings are about the same as they were always. They come more slowly in the slower times, but when UberX goes to Double Secret Surge Pricing, you can not finish your bookwork, even, and another taxi ping is trying to get through.

· Registered
73 Posts

That's why I only come out of my cave when it s RED all over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.