Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Its obvious that the end game for "regulated" rideshare is to have a fleet of full time drivers. And Uber will have to increase its rates from the current 80c per kim / 18c per min rate to a much higher rate like they have done for Uber NYC which complies to NYC city regulations. And if Rideshare insurance becomes mandatory with an increased cost, rates will have to compensate as well.

This will likely lead to Uber rates in the same territory as current Taxi rates which will decrease demand for Uber which is what Uber is trying to avoid. I'm honestly looking forward to when Canadian cities come out with Rideshare regulations and then to see Uber's response to it. Either they comply or they leave :).

djino

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
intact insurance will be charging uber drivers 6000-10000 a year for commercial insurance. what will happen next, uber driver will cease to drive and bye bye uber.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
To regulate the same as the Taxi system is not the right solution. Hell the way the Taxi system is regulated is not the right solation.

Less regulations and requirements means lower fares. It's quite simple.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
intact insurance will be charging uber drivers 6000-10000 a year for commercial insurance. what will happen next, uber driver will cease to drive and bye bye uber.
And this come by what Authority? Do you not think that a partnership with Uber will prevent that from being the case?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that will never happen, cause the government needs there cut for not doing anything, Uber is cheap because it's not regulated once it becomes then ''' PROBLEM'''

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
remember uber pays no tax so that's why government is after them.
Really? You think this is why governments are after them? I could write a list of 20 things that the government goes after Uber. And it's not taxes. Although governments do want their cut for operating in their city.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your right there is to many to name, commercial insurance shouldn't be an issue and/or that expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
To regulate the same as the Taxi system is not the right solution. Hell the way the Taxi system is regulated is not the right solation.

Less regulations and requirements means lower fares. It's quite simple.
I believe in the city setting minimum/maximum rates, setting a maximum amount of drivers that can be online in a given area, and having the required coverage for insurance (whether that comes from Uber or a Hybrid personal policy) when it comes to regulations for both Taxi/TNCs

djino

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but what i don't understand is that uber has a 5 million policy for their riders, why do we need commercial insurance. my guess is that Uber should be paying for the commercial insurance since we drive for them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I happy to see my industry that i love so much doing the right thing,it was nice for alot of people moonlighting as a Taxi & limo proffesional,but now its time to step aside and let us continue with our chosen proffession. I would have no problem paying 6k for insurance,because less drivers will be on the road and demand will be outrageous for those willing to say YES I AM A PROFFESIONAL UBER DRIVER & YES I DO THIS FULL TIME. My other job real estate broker is part time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If part timers choose not to comply with proposed insurance requirements and quit.The full time guys will be lefted with a really high demand.I do not see a increase in rates.Just an increase in demand for the fleet of full time drivers.I would love to see an increase in rates,and hoping that happens but i am skeptical.If they increase rates it opens them up to lock-ups.Lock ups are when you undercut the broker (Uber)in this case and give your direct number to the pax and say call me directly for a discounted price.Thats why they put the rates as low as they can go to avoid this situation.Common practice with uber black where fares are very high

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I'm glad you like it. But whether your full time or partime once the insurance and other fees kick in it will not be worth it on a mathematic view. But if u see it being worth it for you I five you u the thumbs up

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I believe in the city setting minimum/maximum rates, setting a maximum amount of drivers that can be online in a given area, and having the required coverage for insurance (whether that comes from Uber or a Hybrid personal policy) when it comes to regulations for both Taxi/TNCs

djino
I think that's fair. Minimum and maximum is a good thing for consumers and drivers. Long as there was a review process where you can do changes at any time with 3 months notice. And you could put it to a vote by the drivers.

And setting a maximum driver online policy could help stop drivers working for too long chasing the all mighty $$$$ against public safety. Something that can be done easy.

Insurance, well that's a slam dunk. We need Hybrid policy's yesterday. But that's an overhaul of the insurance industry. And their day is going to come.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I happy to see my industry that i love so much doing the right thing,it was nice for alot of people moonlighting as a Taxi & limo proffesional,but now its time to step aside and let us continue with our chosen proffession. I would have no problem paying 6k for insurance,because less drivers will be on the road and demand will be outrageous for those willing to say YES I AM A PROFFESIONAL UBER DRIVER & YES I DO THIS FULL TIME. My other job real estate broker is part time.
No one I going to step aside. Your industry is now driven by the people who were fed up with the so called PROFFESIONAL Service of a Taxi. And just because you left that Taxi plate behind you to go do Uber, if your attitude is the same you won't last long at that either.

Funny how you tell us to step aside. But customers have chosen for you to step aside and let real everyday non industry people drive them around. Could be time for you to make your Real Estate career your new full time profession before that bubble bursts.

Till then I will continue to give people great service so they will never go back to Taxi's. Let that industry burry themselves with their own ignorance.

Rant End.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uber will be forced into NYC style licensing in Toronto.driver course. Drug test. Car checks. +++. uber agreed because NYC is NYC.
They have to be at the centre of the universe.
They don't have to be inToronto. They won't either. They will leave soon. Announced fast , cleaned up quick. To send message.
Being discussed now with law firm
We are stuck with incompetent, glump Taxis
City hall too stupid to figure way out
Old story in Toronto

·
Registered
401 Posts
No one I going to step aside. Your industry is now driven by the people who were fed up with the so called PROFFESIONAL Service of a Taxi. And just because you left that Taxi plate behind you to go do Uber, if your attitude is the same you won't last long at that either.

Funny how you tell us to step aside. But customers have chosen for you to step aside and let real everyday non industry people drive them around. Could be time for you to make your Real Estate career your new full time profession before that bubble bursts.

Till then I will continue to give people great service so they will never go back to Taxi's. Let that industry burry themselves with their own ignorance.

Rant End.
Great service is being around to give them that service consistantly everyday not just when it fits your schedule or when its convient to you.I not a taxi driver anymore i drive for uber full time.Without fulltime daily drivers ubers service would be inconsistant and people would go elsewhere.I gross 5k monthly and thats going up during winter.Your few trips here and there is a drop in da bucket too much typing not enough driving.Also uber wants full time serious drivers just look at New York & other well progressed citys

1 - 20 of 61 Posts