Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Rule: Uber drivers are no longer expected to tip when dining out.

When approached by an irate wait staff simply say "I was told I don't have to tip." If that doesn't piss them off enough ask them if they tip their Uber drivers.

SAVE 15 TO 20% EVERY TIME YOU DINE OUT!

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a good point but these waiters and waitresses shouldn't be the victim of fuber..... but at the same time **** em Im so frustrated with these privileged ass holes not tipping so I guess if the rich don't care nor do I....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Should get T-Shirts made up, 'I'm an Uber Driver, don't expect a tip' or 'I'm an Uber Driver, I don't tip either' Great for dining at Mastro's or Nobu
Let me know when the t-shirts are ready and I'll buy a couple. But honestly, I don't know which is worse; a food service worker that doesn't tip or fellow Uber drivers that don't tip.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Lol, I may be an uber driver but when I get a waitress thats serving me especially when im with my girlfriend that waitress damn well expects me to tip. I just do it even though I dont get tipped. It's way to awkward to not do it.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Plus that piece of shit and his 2 friends accounted for 4 water bottles
I tell them the last passengers took the last of the water.

I don't understand why they expect anything except a ride. We aren't professional drivers. We are ride share.

Why would they expect water and toiletries and things like that? Today a passenger asked me if I have a spare scrunchy, I am a guy with short hair.

Told her, let me open up my medicine cabinet and see what I have.

I have some Vaseline in case you want to rub one out

I have some tissue to can clean up the drippings

I have hand sanitizer so you can decontaminate when you are done

I have a sewing kit, in case you get loud I can sew your lips shut.

Sorry no scrunchy.

Serious, who asks for a scrunchy?? In all fairness, it was a walk of shame so it must've flown off somewhere during the wrestling match last night.

Again, ride share, not a convenience store. I am your neighbor with a car lending a hand. I am sure you would tip your neighbor nicely if he brought you to the airport and didn't have a stupid looking U in his window.

But since I have the U in my window I am suppose to drive you, let you talk down to me and be a mobile cvs and not be tipped or fairly compensated for the ride. Got it. Now you know why I don't have the U in my window. Because I would like respect

Are we suppose to fill prescriptions as well?

·
Registered
175 Posts
**** that I'm putting "5 * uber rating" in every tip column hopefully the service industry makes it public for us... they take pictures of there receipts and post it on social media

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seriously though I need to do something while still staying anonymous so I don't lose this fun job... I love working and talking and making people happy... but **** this no tip policy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, I may be an uber driver but when I get a waitress thats serving me especially when im with my girlfriend that waitress damn well expects me to tip. I just do it even though I dont get tipped. It's way to awkward to not do it.
Have you tried announcing "I'll be giving you 5 stars, good job." ?

·
Premium Member
8,128 Posts
It's a good point but these waiters and waitresses shouldn't be the victim of fuber.....
I still tip when I go out, of course...
But - when a service industry waiter or waitress or bartender or manager uses me for Uber and they don't tip, I make a point of knowing where they work, stopping in for a drink/snack/meal - and letting them know why I am not leaving a tip.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts