Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for drivers across the nation to unite as one voice and demand change from Uber! Our demands are simple.

-Raise the UberX fare rates to at least 1.60 a mile across the board.
-Put a tip option on the app.
-Allow drivers to see the end destination before accepting the trip.
-Treat us as true Independent Contractors and stop deactivating drivers for low acceptance rating or high cancelation. As true IC's, we have the right to pick and choose rides.
-Do not adjust fares without first getting the drivers side.

Those are the main key points. Drivers who participate should create phony riders accounts and request Uber all throughout the weekend and just let it go and wait till the driver cancels. This will highly discourage drivers from continuing to drive that weekend.

Don't want to make the description too long. You can find out more info from the event posts. Lets make Uber history!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/946964915363176/

Interesting, though I don't see Uber giving a damn about any of those demands. Not sure who picked 10/16 or what significance that has, if any.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
It's a Friday night. Might be a little bit slow in Austin that Friday anyway. That's the Friday between ACL and F1.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thing is if Nationally there is a huge slow down of drivers on the road Uber MIGHT pay attention. I don't think they will but I am assuming that is what this is in an attempt to do. For my part I will just have my Lyft app on that day.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not saying it wouldn't get Uber's attention. I'm merely making the point that to drive our point home to Uber we really need to do something like this at a time when Uber stands to lose a LOT of money by our actions. A random Friday night can be impactful but not as impactful as if we'd have done this for a holiday over summer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My thoughts are get them to notice without pissing off passengers. Monday morning and people are late for the airport etc.

·
Banned
332 Posts
My thoughts are get them to notice without pissing off passengers. Monday morning and people are late for the airport etc.
But the more people that realize we aren't making 90k a year the better. I think if more customers knew about Uber being total dicks they would be on our side. Just allow tipping Uber and everything is forgiven!!! ****ing Cowards.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I'm not saying it wouldn't get Uber's attention. I'm merely making the point that to drive our point home to Uber we really need to do something like this at a time when Uber stands to lose a LOT of money by our actions. A random Friday night can be impactful but not as impactful as if we'd have done this for a holiday over summer.
we need to show uber that we as drivers can unite. if uber doesn't hear our voice we can definitely do a holiday strike. first things first we need unity.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Desperate people don't strike.
Anyone driving Uber that is not getting a main income is desperate.
Don't hold your breath.
Desperate people don't strike? I think your point is there will always be strike breakers, am I correct? While true I think now is a good time for everyone to talk about the bottom line, minimum wage is not a living wage. At some point in the Uber experiment you will have nothing but beat up cars and pissed off drivers.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Desperate people don't strike.
Anyone driving Uber that is not getting a main income is desperate.
Don't hold your breath.
he's actually right,. there are a lot of drivers that can't afford to strike a weekend. but they need to think about their future. lyft is cutting driver rates, uber has to do the same to stay competitive. if you're really desperate you too will strike because you're in danger of having your fares cut.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you want to strike by all means, stay home. But this...

"Drivers who participate should create phony riders accounts and request Uber all throughout the weekend and just let it go and wait till the driver cancels. This will highly discourage drivers from continuing to drive that weekend. "

Great, **** over those of us who work one or two days a week. Fake ping and cancel fellow Uber drivers? Total ****** bag move.

If you want to stay home, stay home.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If you want to strike by all means, stay home. But this...

"Drivers who participate should create phony riders accounts and request Uber all throughout the weekend and just let it go and wait till the driver cancels. This will highly discourage drivers from continuing to drive that weekend. "

Great, **** over those of us who work one or two days a week. Fake ping and cancel fellow Uber drivers? Total ****** bag move.

If you want to stay home, stay home.
I agree with you there.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts