Uber Drivers Forum banner

Are you in ?!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber Drivers Nation Wide Strike :)

Yes baby ... That's what I'm talking about..

That's exactly what I was thinking ... This guy is awesome ... He got it all together. This is the time we need to stand all together for our rights.
No matter you are UberX, XL, Select or Black... all together .... No Uber nation wide that weekend...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like these ideas as well

[paste:font size="4"]‪#‎UberSTRIKE‬

1) Write comments on Uber related news articles informing other Drivers, with links to Uber Freedom.

2) Use burner phones with fake rider accounts to request rides, text the Drivers the strike info with links to Uber Freedom, and then cancel the ride.

3) Drive to other Drivers in your market by finding them on the Rider App & inform them in person.

----------------------

I don't know what is burner phones if somebody please explain

I believe we can also creat google voice phone account and use it that day

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

That's exactly what I was thinking ... This guy is awesome ... He got it all together. This is the time we need to stand all together for our rights.
No matter you are UberX, XL, Select or Black... all together .... No Uber nation wide that weekend...

POST # 1/Moe Ibrahim: W H O ...
Y O U...C A L L I N '
"Baby"......B R A H ? I...BRAH..IM ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These demands are perfect,I don't like the fake account part nobody should be pressed to strike
I'm the Same way
But I understand his point ... A lot of new drivers joining everyday and I believe enough drivers will be working to keep Uber going.. But we really want to have last word here

·
Registered
198 Posts

It's a non job and you have absolutely no rights any more than the rights of the established drivers that Uber and Lyft put out of business. You whining babies are reaping what you so and don't have the vision to see the writing on the wall.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uber strike, hahahahahah! When you take your hand out of a bucket of water it doesn't leave a hole.
Let's watch and see
People can make change
Give you an example ?!!!
Uber black got their rights in the very next morning
Unless you don't read the news
Let days tell if our hand will make a hole ... Or even a make a well LoooL

·
Registered
198 Posts

He's a weasel. He thinks he knows it all but only cares about himself. Do you think Uber drivers care about each other? No. As soon as the greater numbers go on strike the scabs will run around collecting the pitence you're missing and defeat your efforts.

·
Registered
393 Posts
He's a weasel. He thinks he knows it all but only cares about himself. Do you think Uber drivers care about each other? No. As soon as the greater numbers go on strike the scabs will run around collecting the pitence you're missing and defeat your efforts.
Doesn't matter, there is strength in numbers. Scabs are scabs....there are enough drivers fed up to make an impact. Like a snowball on the top of a hill...lets roll and grow!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You won't get the public respect. They'll just think you're greedy because they've swallowed all of the propaganda about Uber drivers making $90,000 a year. You might check and see if that propaganda is still lodged in your own throat or did you swallow it too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The notion that you're going to get enough drivers to do this to be able to effect any sort of change is laughable. Sorry, but it is. I'd wager we have over a thousand drivers here in Phoenix, you'd have to involve a significant chunk of them to get any results, and it just isn't going to happen.

Here's where being an independent contractor comes into play. You don't have any rights because you're not an employee.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You won't get the public respect. They'll just think you're greedy because they've swallowed all of the propaganda about Uber drivers making $90,000 a year. You might check and see if that propaganda is still lodged in your own throat or did you swallow it too.
Surge pricing will get respect if the surge is generated due to a strike. I'm in the Atlanta Market, and when driving I educated by riders. As with most drivers, they love the model, but not the practices of Uber. Educated riders don't by the 90k song and dance.

Drivers are committed because they are full-time, subject to a lease, or uninformed with regard to net profit. Part-time drivers are a different mix, and may also be net illiterate......a strike is only effective with solidarity....not full solidarity, but some percentage of participation.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The notion that you're going to get enough drivers to do this to be able to effect any sort of change is laughable. Sorry, but it is. I'd wager we have over a thousand drivers here in Phoenix, you'd have to involve a significant chunk of them to get any results, and it just isn't going to happen.

Here's where being an independent contractor comes into play. You don't have any rights because you're not an employee.
Half a pie is better than no pie! It's worth an effort don't ya think?

Better than doing nothing....may take a couple of engagements to work!

It worked in Texas............

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gobena's plight is an increasingly familiar one. A new report from the National Employment Law Project, "Rights on Demand: Ensuring Workplace Standards and Worker Security In the On-Demand Economy," highlights the problems so many on-demand workers face: "Characterizing workers as non-employees has serious negative consequences for them: non-employees have no statutory right to minimum wage, overtime pay, compensation for injuries sustained on the job, unemployment insurance if involuntarily separated from employment, or protection against discrimination." The authors of the report, Rebecca Smith, NELP's deputy director, and Sarah Leberstein, senior staff attorney, call for workforce-wide enforcement of current and developing labor standards. "New technologies should not be allowed to displace existing protections for the many on-demand workers who are, in fact and in law, employees." Gobena is inclined to agree. In a phone interview with Capital & Main, he spoke about driving for Uber and Lyft. - See more at: http://therideshareguy.com/uber-drivers-running-on-empty-and-more/#more-5799

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys

Now I'm Ubering and start spreading the word with all the rider about the strike ... I keep advising them to have a plan for that weekend Oct 16-18 because there is no single Uber car nation wide
Couple of riders were in the way to the airport and seems like they travel a lot they opened their phone calendar right away and made a note LoooL

And you know most of the rider talk too much and they will be actually the very good tool to inform the other drivers

I'm sure once they got in the next Uber they will start that conversation such as ... Are you participating in the strike or not
So I believe the word will spread much faster with the big mouth riders LMAO

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
we
who's asking for the public's respect. after the strike travis will need to apologize to the public. it's his business. we are ic's my car is my business. and i can choose if i give rides or not on Oct 16th.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts