Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unemployment benefits? So they are the responsible party for taking federal taxes out? Benefits? Reimbursement policies? Minimum wages?

Why wouldn't you?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
There are plenty of reasons to remain independent contractors. The best thing for Texas drivers is for the California ruling to be upheld, and Uber be forced to do business in an ethical manner instead of operating in the gray area.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah if I'm made to be an employee of Uber i'm not sure I'll still drive. I would have to look at the pro's and cons of it. I know many of us are part timers for Uber with full time jobs so this could in a sense hurt us. Those that are full time Uber or in-between jobs doing Uber I think they will benefit the most from being classed as and Employee of Uber.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't see how they legally could keep everyone in the independent contractor category cause a big part of that is not setting the rates for them.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
why would you want to be employees?
I don't. Which is why I want Uber to stop treating me like one. It's Uber's treatment of drivers like we are employees that makes it suck. When the judicial system makes it clear to Uber that the way they treat drivers makes them employees, Uber will have to start treating drivers like independent contractors.... because there is no way they can afford the legal burdens of all their drivers being employees.

·
Banned
276 Posts
This is what has made it so mind boggling to me that they have continued to push their rate lowering, manipulation based agenda on us over these last few months. You'd think that if there were any living, breathing, intelligent people at Uber that they would have seen the writing on the wall from Cali and plenty of other bad publicity and maybe backed the **** off. But like any start up they think they have reinvented the wheel and they know better than anyone else what to do and how to do it. It is literally the startup Manifesto.

Sounds like a great time to rock the boat and get some bad publicity going for them in Texas....!!!! ;-)

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I don't see how they legally could keep everyone in the independent contractor category cause a big part of that is not setting the rates for them.
Well, they simply don't get to have it both ways. As a matter of fact, on the updated fare schedule, I did notice one very important line. We pay them for use of the app for our businesses. That actually should make Uber more accountable to us, and not the other way around.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts