Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, just like the fake spew scam, theres always someone out there thinking they can make more money being a d*ck...........

and for the record, yes i have accepted jobs and cancelled on route.
Not to scam, but because the traffic has been out of control and i knew the time taken to get to the job would be far more than the estimated 3 mins .......

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
This has Randeep and his crew written all over it. Sound like uber is not doing anything about it either and they just give riders some excuse. It basically means it’s open slather for riders.

I didn’t read anything in the article about how uber and other ride share companies are gaming drivers and getting away with paying such low rates and riders expect 5 star service at 3rd world prices.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
of corse not, this is the usual 1 article a month uber bash

all the while, the taxi industries chugs along doing the great job they always seem to do.

As for Uber the co - ripping off drivers... well yes... thats the business model.
Drivers need to work out how to make it work for them or work for westconnex in a tunnel....all day every day...work hard ... have no life... and then ...probably still complain.

choose how you wanna live and get on with it.........

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
If I get a request 8 minutes away then accept and it becomes 15 it’s more than likely going to be a cancellation on my part. If part of that 15 minutes in in my direction of travel anyways why not try my luck and hope the rider cancels an I get the cancel fee. Whenever I get a dummy estimate I will not do the pick up just on principle.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Nothing wrong with cancelling, Uber conceals the address when drivers accept trips and often in peak times their ETA is off because it's on the right side of a major road like Parramatta road

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I am struggling to see the financial benefit to those drivers who according to Hamish are gaming the app. Surely its far easier to complete the pickup. I suspect Hamish wasn't at the pick up address as shown on the driver's app.
Yes, I believe Hamish is being a bit Hastie in his assessment of the situation.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
"On the first occasion the driver drove past us and continued driving through the Melbourne CBD. The driver told us he would drive past again but parked up the street"

As much as there are dodgy UD out there, a rider like him are most likely waiting at either the bus or no stopping zone and too lazy to wait at a legal spot. If that driver was me and rider gives me attitude when i call him to move to a legal spot, i will collect my cancellation fee. I have argued with a rider who waited at no stopping zone, because other rider picked her up from that spot before. No need to try my luck getting a low rating, i'll collect my fee from any rider with attitude who has wasted my time & money. Maybe thats what happen with this particular CBD pickup.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I am struggling to see the financial benefit to those drivers who according to Hamish are gaming the app. Surely its far easier to complete the pickup. I suspect Hamish wasn't at the pick up address as shown on the driver's app.
This

Yes, I believe Hamish is being a bit Hastie in his assessment of the situation.

Pay that Mr Galt!

·
Registered
689 Posts
"On the first occasion the driver drove past us and continued driving through the Melbourne CBD. The driver told us he would drive past again but parked up the street"

As much as there are dodgy UD out there, a rider like him are most likely waiting at either the bus or no stopping zone and too lazy to wait at a legal spot. If that driver was me and rider gives me attitude when i call him to move to a legal spot, i will collect my cancellation fee. I have argued with a rider who waited at no stopping zone, because other rider picked her up from that spot before. No need to try my luck getting a low rating, i'll collect my fee from any rider with attitude who has wasted my time & money. Maybe thats what happen with this particular CBD pickup.
Mate exactly, I had a rider in a section of George Street that was closed off. I rang and told him where I was waiting for him which was about 15 metres away but he was that self entitled he demanded that I pick him up from where he was, I've no idea how he thought I was going to get in there. Waited 5 and cancelled collect fee and moved on, meanwhile it began to surge and I recall picking up a 1.7x from the City to Parra, when I checked where he was going later on in the night I was thankful things worked out the way they did cause he was only going to the Holiday Inn at Haymarket/Darling Harbour.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Drivers might still be spoofing their GPS locations, running around doing other ride-share jobs and getting a couple of Uber cancellations through out the day. Is Lockito still working or do you have to be rooted?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Mate exactly, I had a rider in a section of George Street that was closed off. I rang and told him where I was waiting for him which was about 15 metres away but he was that self entitled he demanded that I pick him up from where he was, I've no idea how he thought I was going to get in there. Waited 5 and cancelled collect fee and moved on, meanwhile it began to surge and I recall picking up a 1.7x from the City to Parra, when I checked where he was going later on in the night I was thankful things worked out the way they did cause he was only going to the Holiday Inn at Haymarket/Darling Harbour.
As always the yings always balance with the yangs, and everyone comes away happy. (except for me that is)

·
Registered
636 Posts
heh had the same thing this morning, rider demanded i pick him up from end of jones bay wharf..... no security to open the gate before dawn so waited around for 7-8 mins then cancelled

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
heh had the same thing this morning, rider demanded i pick him up from end of jones bay wharf..... no security to open the gate before dawn so waited around for 7-8 mins then cancelled
7-8 minutes? Wow long time you waited... At 5.01 I smile as I press the red button to cancel... Loooolllll....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts