Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Uber drivers can now accept tips electronically, without Uber's help

http://www.cnet.com/news/uber-drivers-can-now-accept-tips-electronically-without-ubers-help/

I still ain't putting one of those in my car. LA riders down rate for bullshit as it is.
I'm writing about this tmw, but a tablet that helps drivers earn more money through ads and allows for pax to tip seems like a no brainer to all those that ***** and moan about not getting paid enough. I tried out the app and tablet this week, it works, and it's surprisingly easy to tip. And at a minimum, it will at least get the conversation going about tips naturally and you can educate your passenger.

Square and paypal work but only if/when the pax asks you if they can leave you a non-cash tip, so basically never.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The Rideshare Guy said:
I tried out the app and tablet this week, it works, and it's surprisingly easy to tip.
<--------- Am interested & am game! :)

And needed a reason to upgrade from my Kindle Fire.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Many of us do but most pax even when it's mentioned that you have one still don't tip.

It's also not the easiest thing to do if you're dropping off in a place where you can't legally park or where you're holding up other cars (like the airport or valets at restaurants.)
Not sure why you guys wouldn't carry a card reader with you in the 1st place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts