Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened to a friend of mine this weekend. He pinged a ride. The Uber driver called and asked where he was going. It was a short ride. The driver canceled on him. I feel for my friend but i can't say i blame the driver. We will go flat broke on mimi fares with Uber setting it so low then stealing half the money. You need surge and long rides or you go broke.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had talks with some UberBLACK SUV's at the stadium this weekend, very common tactic. I don't blame them cause sometimes I go a mile on a 4.1x and then sometimes I am going 20 miles to Dallas. Passengers game the system by parking at hotels a mile away and then waste our time for a mini ride...

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I was in Dallas this past weekend for a wedding. Took uber to and from hotel downtown to the wedding venue which was about 3 miles away. I'm glad my Uber drivers didn't call to cancel on me. One of the rides back to hotel at night was a 1.9 surge and I tipped the driver(s) $10. I'm sure both drivers I used were happy they didn't cancel the rides. Don't think they lost money on the rides.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had talks with some UberBLACK SUV's at the stadium this weekend, very common tactic. I don't blame them cause sometimes I go a mile on a 4.1x and then sometimes I am going 20 miles to Dallas. Passengers game the system by parking at hotels a mile away and then waste our time for a mini ride...
I won't pick up from stadiums it's a rip off. Let em walk.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I text those buttholes all the time and ask where they're going. Then I demand tip up front.
Then they cut and paste the text and send it to Uber.
Then Uber calls me and tells me it's against policy.
Then I tell Uber it's a real ***** to make any cash out there these days.
Then they tell me not to do it again.
Then I do it again.

And they still won't deactivate me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I text those buttholes all the time and ask where they're going. Then I demand tip up front.
Then they cut and paste the text and send it to Uber.
Then Uber calls me and tells me it's against policy.
Then I tell Uber it's a real ***** to make any cash out there these days.
Then they tell me not to do it again.
Then I do it again.

And they still won't deactivate me.
Sounds like your an ******* who needs a new line of work.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
With everyone complaining about being deactivated I find that (email) hard to believe. It doesn't even show who it is from. I would get confirmation on your own before everyone starts abusing canceling rides. If everyone called and asked and didn't like the ride destination and then canceled, the pax would NEVER get a ride. So I find this hard to believe.

I drove for a towing service for 17 years and we had a dispatcher that would setup pickups and drops to try and have the next one close, uber unfortunately doesn't work that way. I'm sure cab companies do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since moving to Dallas from L.A, calling and finding out where the pax is going is the only way (for me) to make decent money. I was cancelling about 50% of the time. Luckily, I was recently deactivated for talking ish to an uptown a-hole rider.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I only call and ask the destination if I don't have to money to get of dfw that day.. Because I only drive Thursday and Fridays if my regular job permits it.. But if it's on a Wednesday I don't take dfw fares but I'll take fares to love field since you don't have to pay to get out of love field

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
With everyone complaining about being deactivated I find that (email) hard to believe. It doesn't even show who it is from. I would get confirmation on your own before everyone starts abusing canceling rides. If everyone called and asked and didn't like the ride destination and then canceled, the pax would NEVER get a ride. So I find this hard to believe.

I drove for a towing service for 17 years and we had a dispatcher that would setup pickups and drops to try and have the next one close, uber unfortunately doesn't work that way. I'm sure cab companies do.
It came straight from Houston Partners Support. Yes the CSR's all tell you different things but it looks like a form letter to me and I have it saved in case there's a problem. The more ammunition in the form of these emails that we have the better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts