Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I see the most bizarre things at the airport from other Uber and Cab drivers. Its like we have no rules. Even a hit and run from an Uber black car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, everyone is empowered and believes they're the boss. I don't talk to anyone in the TNC lot.
Lol. There is nothing much to talk in TNC lot. Almost all the drivers there hate uber and talk about the same issue everyday you meet them. TNC lot is more of a Group Therapy spot where all drivers share similar issues to eachother everyday. Man, i want to be a therapist!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There's serious flaws in their fifo queue. Dropped off airport pax yesterday afternoon, drove away and noted queue was 50+ minutes..... Was thinking I'll get the he'll outta dodge instead of sweating it out.

Then boom, pickup request in another terminal.

Happened 3 or 4 times last several months. The Gods are smiling upon me :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Are you just driving right past them when your ping comes in?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Are you just driving right past them when your ping comes in?
I don't leave the lot until the ping comes in. Usually I get 2-3 warnings from Uber, but then I get the ping. Sometimes its on the first ping. I won't do something that violates airport policy because Uber tells me to.

What cracks me up, is that these cars sit right in front of the "Airport Operations" building. -- You know, the same guys that come to the lot to check permits.

The line I speak of keeps getting longer and longer. Its only a matter of time before a police officer puts his lights on cites them for blocking the street, while ops comes out and tickets for non compliance of airport policy.

Anyways, if you notice, there will be no cars that leave for 10-15 min. Then all of a sudden you will see like a batch of cars leave all at once. I believe Uber tells the next 10 cars to leave. You don't lose your spot, Its likely those cars were behind me in the queue and thus the reason I am at the lot and get the ping and they are still waiting in that right lane.

I do kind of like the head to the terminals notification. It tells me, "Hey, use the bathroom now. " Also, I'm usually napping at the airport so it gives a chance for my eyes to wake up slowly.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Thats another thing, why don't people just take naps? Sure, your working and should of gotten full nights sleep, but come one, stop chatting (which loitering outside the vehicles is against airport policy ) and take a nap. Sometimes were there for 2+ hours. Take a nap, and you can work a little longer then you planned.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good... I've put myself on the sidelines for a few weeks now. I just wanted to make sure they didn't break the system again. I know that after they sent the email saying "do as we say", all of the lemmings were going to follow. I don't want to get yelled at by ARA again. They didn't like me much at Hobby when Uber started that text thing, but it wasn't me... it was everyone doing it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thats another thing, why don't people just take naps? Sure, your working and should of gotten full nights sleep, but come one, stop chatting (which loitering outside the vehicles is against airport policy ) and take a nap. Sometimes were there for 2+ hours. Take a nap, and you can work a little longer then you planned.
Yeah, the TNC lot is kind of a bad look. Lots of trash, too many dudes with their rear hatches up sleeping. I am also convinced its mainly cultural and IAH should spend a few bucks making it a bit nicer. Maybe vending machines, a real restroom, and make it look proper rather that a borderline opium den.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts