Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
yup! I only put the trade dress on when I'm a few blocks away from pick up. put it on my bottom left corner of my driver side windshield. This allows the rider to see I'm their driver. once they're in the car, I remove it. I don't want other drivers knowing I'm an Uber driver. I noticed that everyone is aggressive or rude to uber drivers. This isn't exclusive to taxi drivers anymore...

those people cutting you off, honking at you, brake checking you - they know you wont do anything because of that sign and they might report you.. without the sign, you can be a DUCK back.
Lol you beat me to your last paragraph. Not that I'm a confrontational person;) but it's always when I can't respond to somebody tailgating, honking or cutting me off that I have a pax or that stupid trade dress in the window. Now we're going to have to put it in the back window as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yup! I only put the trade dress on when I'm a few blocks away from pick up. put it on my bottom left corner of my driver side windshield. This allows the rider to see I'm their driver. once they're in the car, I remove it. I don't want other drivers knowing I'm an Uber driver. I noticed that everyone is aggressive or rude to uber drivers. This isn't exclusive to taxi drivers anymore...

those people cutting you off, honking at you, brake checking you - they know you wont do anything because of that sign and they might report you.. without the sign, you can be a DUCK back.
Exactly. I do the same thing. I usually forget to put it up though so it's never on

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

Putting it on and off after every pax I pick up? Hell no, that is too much and unnecessary work.

I have the trade dress even on my off days. I don't care for what people think and have yet to encounter aggressive driving from other people because of the uber logo.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I drove down my street this morning and saw a newer Kia with the uber and Lyft dresses on

One night I came home very late, woke up and went out to the car about 9 and saw I left the uber sign on. I was hoping nobody saw it.

I hate leaving the app on at home because I worry about getting someone I know, why is this job so embarrassing?

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Putting it on and off after every pax I pick up? Hell no, that is too much and unnecessary work.

I have the trade dress even on my off days. I don't care for what people think and have yet to encounter aggressive driving from other people because of the uber logo.
uhhh it's to my left dash. i'm just placing it there. not sticking it to my windshield..

how is reaching for it "too much work".... i'm just reaching for it. nothing strenuous.

it's not sticking anywhere. just placed on my dash.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I drove down my street this morning and saw a newer Kia with the uber and Lyft dresses on

One night I came home very late, woke up and went out to the car about 9 and saw I left the uber sign on. I was hoping nobody saw it.

I hate leaving the app on at home because I worry about getting someone I know, why is this job so embarrassing?
Uber is this generations Amway, without those annoying monthly checks for recruiting a superstar performer.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
uhhh it's to my left dash. i'm just placing it there. not sticking it to my windshield..

how is reaching for it "too much work".... i'm just reaching for it. nothing strenuous.

it's not sticking anywhere. just placed on my dash.
I think the lack of experience with aggressive drivers is more on point. I too avoid heavy lifting whenever I can.

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts

Why is this job so embarrassing? It's the pay.:p

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
And Fox 11 is now calling him an Uber driver
Yup. Despite the fact that the description of events sounds like he was off duty, and was likely conducting some kind of nefarious activity. Sounds like a drug deal gone bad. But hey, sure. "UBER DRIVER SHOT".

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
My trade dress is on 24/7. I don't notice aggressive driving from others as a result, but sometimes pax will come up to my car while I'm off duty add try to get in. Parked at Ralph's once "Hey, where are you going! You're supposed to pick me up!" "Not me. I'm off duty. I'm going grocery shopping". "**** YOU!!!" LOL.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts