• Driver

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • i will pass this one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Honestly, I think he was intentionally making a scene and screaming, this way, especially with girls, you can scare them and make them extremely uncomfortable by raising his voice.
Good on him for the whole thing, **** those hitches, ain't nobody got time fo dat

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Awesome, could have been handled may be a bit better but ultimately the women should have not got in. I had cancelled on someone then accepted another ping just as the original request opened the door. I looked at them and said they have the wrong vehicle. They said sorry and closed it. I left.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
The trip was cancelled before the skankys came in car they had no business even being in the guys car.She should of just re ordered and got in the correct vehicle as per uber app.Technically this is like some radom person jumps in your car and tells you there not leaving.Arrogant little unt
If trip was cancelled before they got in. Why driver opened the doors for them.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well, that escalated quickly. Guy seems like he pissed way before those girls got in his car.
Why the hell couldn't he have just said: 'Shoot, I thought you weren't coming and canceled the ride two seconds ago, really sorry, but if you request the best Uber driver in town again I'll be happy to accept and we'll hit the road...I'll refund the cancellation fee, no worries there!'

You gotta do everything you can to deescalate and diffuse situations when dealing with the public in a service capacity! SO WHAT if they kept you waiting a little longer. The next ride might be ready to go before you even arrive. It's all a wash at the end of the day. It's almost pathetic how petty some uber drivers are. Some of you guys are so worried about the pennies the bucks are flying right over your head. Maybe a lot of you are kids, IDK. Sorry if I offend anyone in particular, that's just how I see it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Why the hell couldn't he have just said: 'Shoot, I thought you weren't coming and canceled the ride two seconds ago, really sorry, but if you request the best Uber driver in town again I'll be happy to accept and we'll hit the road...I'll refund the cancellation fee, no worries there!'

You gotta do everything you can to deescalate and diffuse situations when dealing with the public in a service capacity! SO WHAT if they kept you waiting a little longer. The next ride might be ready to go before you even arrive. It's all a wash at the end of the day. It's almost pathetic how petty some uber drivers are. Some of you guys are so worried about the pennies the bucks are flying right over your head. Maybe a lot of you are kids, IDK. Sorry if I offend anyone in particular, that's just how I see it.
It was evident that he was already very steamy before they even got it, probably a bad experience right before those ladies.

Also at one point he wanted to drive off with the women inside, now that would have ended so bad for him. Luckily for him there was a guy holding the door open.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why the hell couldn't he have just said: 'Shoot, I thought you weren't coming and canceled the ride two seconds ago, really sorry, but if you request the best Uber driver in town again I'll be happy to accept and we'll hit the road...I'll refund the cancellation fee, no worries there!'.
I wouldn't refund the cancellation fee for a long wait. But he could have handled it more diplomatically.

What about saying, "If you won't get out I will drive you to the nearest police station and ask the police to remove you". Hopefully they would get out, rather than be driven out of their way.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I wouldn't refund the cancellation fee for a long wait. But he could have handled it more diplomatically.

What about saying, "If you won't get out I will drive you to the nearest police station and ask the police to remove you". Hopefully they would get out, rather than be driven out of their way.
This U.P. member (mrpjfresh) said it far more eloquently than I ever could...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he has not had much experience in the customer service industry. Cursing at a rude customer (who was in the wrong) and telling her to "eat my ass" is the exact opposite of being professional. Maybe he was having a bad day or there were unseen extenuating circumstances here, but if that was the case, he probably should not have even been driving. One can make the argument that with the falling rates, the more professionalism goes out the window and that is perfectly valid; it is a definitely symptom. However, it never excuses this type of behavior. The fact the guy posted it to YT to show "his side" of the story is laughable. If you are that disgruntled and bottling up your anger at the pax, this is not the gig for you, haha.

Not too much sympathy if he does get deactivated. These rage-filled maniacs and losers embarrass all the average, well-adjusted drivers and just reinforce the creepy Uber driver stereotype.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.