Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ing-nypd-traffic-agent-face-article-1.3399871

This Uber driver was uber mad!

Cops arrested a 21-year-old driver for the popular transporation app they say attacked an NYPD traffic enforcement agent in Midtown Thursday.

Witnesses called 911 after they saw irate Uber motorist Julio Nunez-Minier arguing with the traffic agent on Seventh Ave. near W. 56th St. about 7:50 a.m.
The agent was giving him a ticket for double parking, police said.​

An Uber driver punched a NYPD traffic enforcement agent in the face before speeding off, police said.

"I'm going to hit you," he seethed before slapping the agent in the face and speeding off.

Cops tracked him to Seventh Ave. and 42nd St., where he was taken into custody.

The traffic agent was not seriously harmed, officials said.

PAI

Cops tracked him to Seventh Ave. and 42nd St., where he was taken into custody. Charges against him were pending and his name was not immediately released.

Cops charged Nunez-Minier with assault as a hate crime for hitting a uniformed officer. His arraignment was pending Thursday afternoon.

A Taxi & Limousine Commission Uber sticker was on the suspect's vehicle.

An Uber spokeswoman said that Nunez-Minier's access to the app has been removed and the company is helping police with their investigation.

His hack license has also been suspended, a Taxi & Limousine Commission spokesman said.

WITH GRAHAM RAYMAN

Tags:
Send a Letter to the Editor
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
Tweet

·
Registered
978 Posts
I will bet a lot of TLC drivers have thought about doing it, but haven't. The instant rush of happiness is not worth the hell that is about to come down on this man's head. I feel
Bad for him. NYC is truly a concrete jungle.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Man I ****ing got the bus lane ticket today I drop off at 59 Madison they go up to me with lights freaking took my license and I got ticket lame

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Double park? We dont know the whole story. I saw several of those shitty traffic agents walk up to a TLC car with their ticket scanner out just went click on the registration and started handing out tickets while the car was in traffic like everyone else. This happened several times during rush hour right off the midtown tunnel on 37 St and 3rd Ave. I was behind the light on 3rd ave, when several tlc cars was crossing on 37th St. I didn't know they could give tickets on blocking the box. It wasn't only tlc cars blocking the box, but every other car as well, but I didn't see them get tickets.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i've seen sports car driving white guys run redlights on purpose and sweet talk cops out of citations. we are unfairly being targeted for the most harmless bull. that agent that symbol on their uniforms deserve more than a punch in the face

·
Registered
164 Posts
the other day i witnessed a snapple truck recieving a ticket from an agent. and then saw that same agent inside the cafe drinking out of a snapple bottle. the F ing world we live in... wheels keep everythin movin. this is the thanks we get

·
Premium Member
60,578 Posts
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ing-nypd-traffic-agent-face-article-1.3399871

This Uber driver was uber mad!

Cops arrested a 21-year-old driver for the popular transporation app they say attacked an NYPD traffic enforcement agent in Midtown Thursday.

Witnesses called 911 after they saw irate Uber motorist Julio Nunez-Minier arguing with the traffic agent on Seventh Ave. near W. 56th St. about 7:50 a.m.
The agent was giving him a ticket for double parking, police said.​

An Uber driver punched a NYPD traffic enforcement agent in the face before speeding off, police said.

"I'm going to hit you," he seethed before slapping the agent in the face and speeding off.

Cops tracked him to Seventh Ave. and 42nd St., where he was taken into custody.

The traffic agent was not seriously harmed, officials said.

PAI

Cops tracked him to Seventh Ave. and 42nd St., where he was taken into custody. Charges against him were pending and his name was not immediately released.

Cops charged Nunez-Minier with assault as a hate crime for hitting a uniformed officer. His arraignment was pending Thursday afternoon.

A Taxi & Limousine Commission Uber sticker was on the suspect's vehicle.

An Uber spokeswoman said that Nunez-Minier's access to the app has been removed and the company is helping police with their investigation.

His hack license has also been suspended, a Taxi & Limousine Commission spokesman said.

WITH GRAHAM RAYMAN

Tags:
Send a Letter to the Editor