Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
So, let me get this straight. He solicited a pax, using English, then needs an interpreter in court? If he can't speak English, then why was he an Uber/Cab driver in the first place? Maybe it was a ploy to get sympathy? Well, it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I do try to get repeat riders, but never by cutting out U/L in the process
I've had pax try to get me to take them for a cash ride and "cut U/L out of the picture" ... I politely tell them "no" - Rule #1 (Don't piss in the pond where you catch your fish) The pax are initially U/L customer; they would have never know about me had it not been for U/L ... as such, there is no way I will ever take them for a ride external of the U/L app ... personally, if a subcontractor circumvented my company and attempted to do direct business with my customers, our attorneys would eat them for lunch; and (2) my insurance doesn't cover it*

*technically, my commercial livery insurance covers everyone in the car ... but I always refer back to Rule #1.

Besides ... with all the U/L staff riding free in every city ... who's to say that the person you tried to take for cash doesn't work for U/L or PD or City/County/State. Not for me ever!

Reactions: Tx rides and Nate R

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Sitting at a corner soliciting cash rides...no bueno.
There was a U/L driver at COTA soliciting cash rides a couple of months ago ... I just asked him if he looks good in "orange"

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I've had pax try to get me to take them for a cash ride and "cut U/L out of the picture" ... I politely tell them "no" - Rule #1 (Don't piss in the pond where you catch your fish) The pax are initially U/L customer; they would have never know about me had it not been for U/L ... as such, there is no way I will ever take them for a ride external of the U/L app ... personally, if a subcontractor circumvented my company and attempted to do direct business with my customers, our attorneys would eat them for lunch; and (2) my insurance doesn't cover it*

*technically, my commercial livery insurance covers everyone in the car ... but I always refer back to Rule #1.

Besides ... with all the U/L staff riding free in every city ... who's to say that the person you tried to take for cash doesn't work for U/L or PD or City/County/State. Not for me ever!
Salute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts