Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just witnessed uber driver being arrested by secret service police in downtown... for those who don't know they are being really aggressive and not tolerating alot of dumb moves like blocking traffic trying for to pick up rides or any other reckless driving moves. Apparently he either had a suspended license or a warrant of some kind to be placed in cuffs. July 4th holiday makes them on edge

·
Premium Member
23,148 Posts
Just witnessed uber driver being arrested by secret service police in downtown... for those who don't know they are being really aggressive and not tolerating alot of dumb moves like blocking traffic trying for to pick up rides or any other reckless driving moves. Apparently he either had a suspended license or a warrant of some kind to be placed in cuffs. July 4th holiday makes them on edge
They didn't arrest him for being an Uber driver. More than likely he did something stupid/illegal, got pulled over, they ran his license & it came back 'Do not pass Go, do not collect $200'

I got a pickup a few weeks ago at the Israeli embassy in NW D.C. near Van Ness. I picked them up on Van Ness, right at the jersey wall barricades. An event had let out & it was pouring rain. 3 people in the party, 2 were there, one was inside getting something. As soon as the first ass cheek touched the back seat, started trip. Secret Service agent comes over & asks what I'm doing. I explain I'm Uber doing a pickup. He asks for my license & registration & takes it back to his car. The pax in the back (very well dressed middle-aged people) were so apologetic. Finally the 3rd passenger came out. Secret Service agent comes back & says have a nice day. Pax gave me a $20 for the hassle. Nice to know I don't have any warrants.

With San Bernardino, Orlando, Paris, Turkey, Bangladesh etc. I don't fault cops/Secret Service for being extra cautious.

That doesn't apply to the DCA/IAD cops harassing drivers...

·
25,011 Posts
It is funny up there on International Drive at Van Ness. I know that area well. If you try to do a pick-up there in anything: taxi, limousine, TNC, private car, you name it, if the Secret Service Embassy cops do not quiz you, the Mossad or Shin Beth boys will come out of there and start asking questions. It happens around the Israel Embassy, only. Go to any other embassy up there and there is no problem. Go to the Israel Embassy and there are problems. If I get a call there in the cab or a summons from Uber, I always call before I get there to let the passenger know that he must be outside or the Embassy cops, Mossad or Shin Beth will bother me and might run me away.

I never have been run out of there, but, as a dispatcher, I have had drivers complain about being chased away. To be sure, the Mossad or Shin Beth boys can not chase you, but anyone who does not think that they can have the Embassy cops there before you can p ut the car into gear is naive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts