Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/woman-says-angry-uber-driver-ran-her-over/377645290

by: Tyisha Fernandes Updated: Jul 1, 2016 - 11:16 PM

upload_2016-7-2_11-3-7.png

ATLANTA -
A woman says when a passenger told her Uber driver she was ending the ride, the driver lost it and attacked her.

Doctors told Tylasha Strother she has a fractured back, and has to wear neck brace, after, she says, her Uber driver hit her and another woman with her car.

"It's not like she hit me and then she stopped. She hit me and then she kept going," Tylasha Strother said.

Strother says she flew into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport from New York Thursday night for the holiday weekend and used Uber's ride sharing option.

When the second passenger got into the car at the airport, she says they both noticed the Uber driver was talking to herself.

"She was, like, doing sign language but it was weird because she wasn't talking to anyone," Strother said.

When the driver arrived at Strother's destination at the Berkley Heights Apartments on Northside Drive, the other passenger got out as well.

"She was, like, 'I'm sorry. I just don't feel comfortable riding with you,'" Strother said.

Strother said the Uber driver was offended, and started yelling.

"It kinda got physical and the Uber driver took the passenger's phone and threw it on the floor," Strother said.

That's when she says the Uber driver sped off, hitting her and the other woman.

"If I didn't land on my duffle bag, I probably wouldn't be here today," Strother said.

Channel 2's Tyisha Fernandes spoke to a witness who was in a nearby shopping plaza and saw the whole thing happen. He said he saw the drier hit them and then leave them in the street.

Uber sent Fernandes a statement, saying, "This incident was already brought to our attention through our 2-way feedback loop that requires the rider to rate the driver and vice versa. Through that, we began an investigation and the driver was deactivated."

Fernandes went by the driver's home to get a comment, but no one answered the door.

Atlanta police are investigating the case.

"They need to arrest her. Like, she needs to pay for what she did," Strother said.

·
25,019 Posts
.............and here I had thought that the Uber driver had gotten out of his car, picked it up and swatted the complainant with it.............................
..........shows what happens when you think, -eh?

·
Premium Member
60,590 Posts
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/woman-says-angry-uber-driver-ran-her-over/377645290

View attachment 47014
ATLANTA -
A woman says when a passenger told her Uber driver she was ending the ride, the driver lost it and attacked her.

Doctors told Tylasha Strother she has a fractured back, and has to wear neck brace, after, she says, her Uber driver hit her and another woman with her car.

"It's not like she hit me and then she stopped. She hit me and then she kept going," Tylasha Strother said.

Strother says she flew into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport from New York Thursday night for the holiday weekend and used Uber's ride sharing option.

When the second passenger got into the car at the airport, she says they both noticed the Uber driver was talking to herself.

"She was, like, doing sign language but it was weird because she wasn't talking to anyone," Strother said.

When the driver arrived at Strother's destination at the Berkley Heights Apartments on Northside Drive, the other passenger got out as well.

"She was, like, 'I'm sorry. I just don't feel comfortable riding with you,'" Strother said.

"It kinda got physical and the Uber driver took the passenger's phone and threw it on the floor," Strother said.

"If I didn't land on my duffle bag, I probably wouldn't be here today," Strother said.

Channel 2's Tyisha Fernandes spoke to a witness who was in a nearby shopping plaza and saw the whole thing happen. He said he saw the drier hit them and then leave them in the street.

Uber sent Fernandes a statement, saying, "This incident was already brought to our attention through our 2-way feedback loop that requires the rider to rate the driver and vice versa. Through that, we began an investigation and the driver was deactivated."

Fernandes went by the driver's home to get a comment, but no one answered the door.

"They need to arrest her. Like, she needs to pay for what she did," Strother said.
Sign language and talking to themselves ?

Air guitar and singing ?

Or 40 hours of Uber with no sleep to pay the car note ?

Let's lower rates again !

See who we come up with next !

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
As Uber makes it so easy for anyone to drive and no personal interaction with a prospective driver, we will soon see more types of these people driving rideshare. Dregs of society are like sickly animals. Animals know where the easy food is. Alligators at Disney Land, Bears in Yellow Stone, Sharks on the coast. Makes perfect sense. Why try when something is handed to you? This is why we are seeing increased attacks by the above animals. It's more of our fault than theirs. Same with Uber. This ladies and gentleman might be the one and only downfall of Uber. I did studies, Taxi is roughly twice the cost of Uber. Had a this lady taken a taxi instead, would she have been in the same hurtful (literally) situation she is in because of Uber?

·
Premium Member
60,590 Posts
As Uber makes it so easy for anyone to drive and no personal interaction with a prospective driver, we will soon see more types of these people driving rideshare. Dregs of society are like sickly animals. Animals know where the easy food is. Alligators at Disney Land, Bears in Yellow Stone, Sharks on the coast. Makes perfect sense. Why try when something is handed to you? This is why we are seeing increased attacks by the above animals. It's more of our fault than theirs. Same with Uber. This ladies and gentleman might be the one and only downfall of Uber. I did studies, Taxi is roughly twice the cost of Uber. Had a this lady taken a taxi instead, would she have been in the same hurtful (literally) situation she is in because of Uber?
Taxi Drivers are SO much safer . . .
Screenshot_2016-07-02-22-55-37.png
Screenshot_2016-07-02-22-42-28.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Taxi Drivers are SO much safer . . . View attachment 47072 View attachment 47069
Richard White was a former taxi driver.
He was not on duty as a taxi driver.

http://wesa.fm/post/after-alleged-machete-attack-tsa-agent-man-shot-new-orleans-airport

EDIT

I could not find the story about the gal getting shot by a New Orleans driver. I did find one for rape:

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/crime/12975078-148/no-taxi-driver-pleads-guilty

Using cameras, GPS, and open access to taxicab data, the officials caught him. The only thing you have with Uber is GPS. Uber does not release any data unless they are forced by a judge.

This proves that taxis are safer than Uber.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
.............and here I had thought that the Uber driver had gotten out of his car, picked it up and swatted the complainant with it.............................
..........shows what happens when you think, -eh?
Now that would have made for an interesting thread.

Yeah... so Uber hires nutjobs... how is that news? It's like when Uber first started and the media would publish stories on every accident involving an Uber car. "Uber Vehicle Involved in Accident" headline, with a photo underneath showing the vehicle, the caption reading "An Uber U logo is clearly visible in the damaged vehicle". Yeah... no shit... Ubers are cars and cars sometimes get into accidents.

Thankfully the media has got that out of their system and no longer seem to publish such garbage.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks like she was faking it for a free ride.

I seen this one uber driver do a hit and run in, during rush hour in traffic with an uber pax. After the taxi driver followed him two blocks the taxi driver stood in front of his car with a crossing guard watching as he phoned the police. I'm not sure why the pax went from the uber to the taxi. Stupid weird.

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 47014
ATLANTA -

Three sides to every story. What he said , What she said, and what really happened. Thats why we have court rooms and Judges.
Lots of folk out there on the look out for a big fat juicy law suit against a company valued @ $62bl. just saying

1 - 16 of 16 Posts