Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow, such pigs! Did they say the driver was female? She looked male in the video. What a way to make a living!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Some of the Facebook comments relate to
1. Uber being illegal.
Pity no mention is made of the pax aiding and abetting an illegal activity.
2. 'Illegal and driver gets what they deserve'.
That was from a female!!
a) no one deserves this treatment.
b) the assumption is that because it is illegal the treatment is acceptable.
3. 'This is why we have taxis'
Does that mean it never happens in a taxi?!

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Some of the Facebook comments relate to
1. Uber being illegal.
Pity no mention is made of the pax aiding and abetting an illegal activity.
2. 'Illegal and driver gets what they deserve'.
That was from a female!!
a) no one deserves this treatment.
b) the assumption is that because it is illegal the treatment is acceptable.
3. 'This is why we have taxis'
Does that mean it never happens in a taxi?!
Heaps of people are scumbags in hiding.. but the truth comes out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I do believe that as a Uberx driver you must bend over backwards and smile to each and every pax. She failed to do this and got into trouble. The sad part about all of this is that the ACCC, Choice, several State Governments and Uber themselves want you in a high risk job which pays pretty much next to nothing!

Aren't all of those people simply ... wonderful !

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I do believe that as a Uberx driver you must bend over backwards and smile to each and every pax. She failed to do this and got into trouble. The sad part about all of this is that the ACCC, Choice, several State Governments and Uber themselves want you in a high risk job which pays pretty much next to nothing!

Aren't all of those people simply ... wonderful !
When idiot drivers stop telling riders how much money they make riders will stop saying "it's a fantastic service and so cheap, unlike those rip off taxi businesses"
And then I won't have to correct them and lose points

·
Registered
144 Posts
unlike those rip off taxi businesses
and what are Taxis doing by charging $2.15/km ? Paying all costs including Gov charges, paying for a replacement vehicle in 6 years and paying the driver a min wage thats all !

Until Uber start charging $2/km and limiting the number of drivers so all get a fair share of the pie there will be a constant churn and burn of Uberx drivers out the door.

Just to throw another problem into the mix the disabled have said they are disgusted by the lack of service, also the transport minister too is absolutely disgusted and outraged there are no UberXl vehicles can take wheelchairs. I know of several disabled people who have bought and modified their own vehicles to get around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts