Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The extended dark hours inspire me to work longer nights. I've NEVER been warned of time-out so I'd like to know how it works. I'm not asking for "book" answers as much as experience. (Book answers about speed limit or jaywalking are authoratitative but may not describe common practice.)

I understand Chicago drive time ONLY applies to on-app time within city limits.

Apparently Uber has its own drive time limit? Is it really enforced? Is there an early warning or does the app just say BZZZZT you're toast! and shut down.

I've for sure had the app on in excess of 10 and even 12 hours....through midnight and 4 am. I suspect resets make drive time limits a moot point for me. So...when do Chicago and Uber drive times reset?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
That's hard. I think you have to force a time out--to see how it works for you. Too many variables. Nobody ever got the tickets we feared two years ago.

Chicago drive time ONLY applies to on-app time within city limits.
Depends, if you get home without incident, maybe.
Get a wreck when app can tell on you--then the narrowest understanding of the statue will come down on you

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
That's hard. I think you have to force a time out--to see how it works for you. Too many variables. Nobody ever got the tickets we feared two years ago.

Depends, if you get home without incident, maybe.
Get a wreck when app can tell on you--then the narrowest understanding of the statue will come down on you
Exactly. Pray you don't wreck or you'll be toast!!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what wrecks have to do with drive time. It may be a moron subject, but can we stay more on the subject?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You don't need app warning.
10h are enough to set your self offline.
There's always an idiot out there. If you're not alert matter of time to see each other.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've got bumped of the platform for reaching the 10 hr limit. Was on a trip when the splash screen appeared. It allowed me to complete the trip but forced offline. No prob, just hit the burbs and all should be OK. Not so. 10 hrs on the platform, city and/or burbs - doesn't matter. Well, that's my experience anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts