Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pinged for a 2.3 X at the airport, I get to the pick up point but when I try to call or text Uber won't forward the call or text to the pax. They apparently changed the button to contact the pax and it still has some bugs and after texting and calling I get this message from uber

"We're sorry, we're not sure who you're trying to message. If you're trying to contact someone on a trip with Uber, please ensure that the you're sending this message from the phone number on your account. You can also visit help.uber.com for assistance."

I'm using the phone I always use! Now it looks like surge has died down in the city and at the airport, so frustrating.

It was a Chinese name and had Chinese writing all over the screen , that 2.3x could easily have been a nice long one to east LA.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
I got pinged for a 2.3 X at the airport, I get to the pick up point but when I try to call or text Uber won't forward the call or text to the pax. They apparently changed the button to contact the pax and it still has some bugs and after texting and calling I get this message from uber

"We're sorry, we're not sure who you're trying to message. If you're trying to contact someone on a trip with Uber, please ensure that the you're sending this message from the phone number on your account. You can also visit help.uber.com for assistance."

I'm using the phone I always use! Now it looks like surge has died down in the city and at the airport, so frustrating.

It was a Chinese name and had Chinese writing all over the screen , that 2.3x could easily have been a nice long one to east LA.
Might have been a really long one. Like to CHINA!

If you can read the name there's no sin in sticking your head out the window and hollering. Even without being able to read it, you might have noticed Chinese people have a very distinctive look, right? Maybe he stood out in the crowd.

Picking up in a crowd is best done when you help the pax find you. If you can't communicate with them it makes helping them that much tougher. I feel your pain.

Btw, check the trip report and it'll tell you where he was going but word of caution...

You may not want to know.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If you can read the name there's no sin in sticking your head out the window and hollering. Even without being able to read it, you might have noticed Chinese people have a very distinctive look, right? Maybe he stood out in the crowd.

Picking up in a crowd is best done when you help the pax find you. If you can't communicate with them it makes helping them that much tougher. I feel your pain.

Btw, check the trip report and it'll tell you where he was going but word of caution...

There weren't many people by the sign a, I was definitely keeping my eye out for Chinese people but I couldn't even read the name to call it out .

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Wow, 2.3 to Monterey Park... you missed a good one. Sorry bud.o_O
All the way on Fastrak, and top it off with a massage.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
There weren't many people by the sign a, I was definitely keeping my eye out for Chinese people but I couldn't even read the name to call it out .
My guess was he was downstairs and if you had gotten a hold of him you would've had a serious language barrier. The messed up thing is he probably took a cab and paid the equivalent of a 3.0× surge+tip which is better than we'll ever do at the airport because Uber doesn't think we're as good as a taxi cab

·
Premium Member
9 Posts

Dont feel bad lots of chinese in southbay

·
Registered
153 Posts
I never do that. And I hardly ever have trouble finding them
I do it all the time, and I must say that at least 2-3 times a week out of 10-15 that I pick up at LAX, my pax has no idea where he's at. Apparently there's some signs with letters down at arrivals and they think that's the spot.. so yeah.. I always call.. better safe than sorry..

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts

Hackers !
Hope you turned your app. Off and DROVE AWAY from the Airport that they SUCKERED YOU INTO.

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts

The Chinese translated into
" Just wanted to see how far I could drag an Uber Driver without a tip !"

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts