Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm beginning to suspect that the Uber dirty tricks team is still active. I proclaimed myself an Investigative Journalist/Scientist, and I basically did last week as an experiment into some shady activity I was seeing. I gave very few rides last week, and documented every single ride.

Anyway, so I was being extra awesome last week, and naturally I see on my weekly review I got multiple kudo's badges and 5 stars, EXCEPT for 1 PAX review dinged for safety, cleanliness, & navigation...

Now again, it's one thing if this happens once or twice, it's no big deal. but I know for a fact, I checked after every PAX that the back was clean, and even stopped multiple times at car washes with free vacs... to achieve this level of purity.

I know that there were ZERO navigation errors. This is easily verifiable. As a matter of fact, all rides were very straight forward.

And safety... I'm not sure what this even means, as I am constantly informed, that i am the only driver who demands all PAX wear their seatbelts.

Again, this is happening on a regular basis.

So, basically, either I'm a most unlucky driver, or there are PAX out there who are intentionally doing this as part of a larger effort to sabotage Lyft. Sorry folks, but only so many trash-people exist, AND have the opportunity window to both be paired with you and then leave a crappy rating.

So, it's not proof, but strong indications are that Uber is still out there with fake PAX .

We know for a FACT that Uber has done this in the PAST, and not only did this, but then Proudly defended themselves, as not doing anything illegal? However, 5,000+ Fake Rides Requested and Cancelled in order for their secret app tracker to identify and track Lyft drivers.

Uber-nasty? Staff submits 5,560 fake ride requests

Uber Accused of Booking Thousands of Fake Rides to Mess with Rival Lyft - The Atlantic

First of all, reality check, where is CNN getting this "exact" 5,560 fake rides figure from? It's most likely much higher.

Also, we don't hear anything aside from these 5,000 ride cancellations and the ability to track Lyft drivers who don't work for Uber, but what we aren't hearing is about all the other things they do and/or did. It's not that big of a leap to expect that people whose job is to convince Lyft drivers to jump shit, to also give them crappy ratings if they are rebuffed.

Therefore, if Uber is for a fact KNOWN TO DO THIS IN THE PAST, and a moronic, probably old geezer judge, ruled that they aare free to continue doing this, then it is only logical to assume that they still engage in this type of behavior.

Sorry but there is no other explanation for regularity of 1 crappy PAX review every week. It's too regular and methodical to be coincidental.

Additionally, this was not the only shady event which transpired, but the other events are less quantifiable.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Sorry but there is no other explanation for regularity of 1 crappy PAX review every week. It's too regular and methodical to be coincidental.
There are thousands of drivers in each city. In some cities, tens of thousands. I have had (strongly suspected) other drivers, as pax, giving poor ratings in the hopes of knocking their competition.

Unfair, but shut happens.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are thousands of drivers in each city. In some cities, tens of thousands. I have had (strongly suspected) other drivers, as pax, giving poor ratings in the hopes of knocking their competition.

Unfair, but shut happens.
I assumed folks had a background in just how methodical and organized Uber was in their sabatoge Lyft of drivers, if not here's an excerpt from just one article describing just one program:

"The spoofed Lyft accounts made by Uber then could get information about as many as eight of the nearest available Lyft drivers who could accommodate a ride request. Uber made sure that in each city where it was competing with Lyft, the fake rider locations were organized in a grid-like format so that it could view the entire city."
Also, they need not have tens of thousands of people, since while trying to STOP uber drivers from defrauding Uber by using fake GPS apps, they acquired the knowledge necessary to create and evade Lyft from detecting such GPS spoofing apps (this is merely conjecture on my part, but a logical conclusion)

Once you have that ability, and we have every indication that they do, then I would surmise a bunch of cheap burner smart phones, and a couple hundred Uber folks could cover an entire city.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just paxholes, bruh
Every week? So every week, no matter how little or how much I drive, I get precisely 1 paxhole? No matter how nice the ride is, I get precisely one mystery-paxhole?

I documented every ride this week. There literally were no problems whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
63,040 Posts
I'm beginning to suspect that the Uber dirty tricks team is still active. I proclaimed myself an Investigative Journalist/Scientist, and I basically did last week as an experiment into some shady activity I was seeing. I gave very few rides last week, and documented every single ride.

Anyway, so I was being extra awesome last week, and naturally I see on my weekly review I got multiple kudo's badges and 5 stars, EXCEPT for 1 PAX review dinged for safety, cleanliness, & navigation...

Now again, it's one thing if this happens once or twice, it's no big deal. but I know for a fact, I checked after every PAX that the back was clean, and even stopped multiple times at car washes with free vacs... to achieve this level of purity.

I know that there were ZERO navigation errors. This is easily verifiable. As a matter of fact, all rides were very straight forward.

And safety... I'm not sure what this even means, as I am constantly informed, that i am the only driver who demands all PAX wear their seatbelts.

Again, this is happening on a regular basis.

So, basically, either I'm a most unlucky driver, or there are PAX out there who are intentionally doing this as part of a larger effort to sabotage Lyft. Sorry folks, but only so many trash-people exist, AND have the opportunity window to both be paired with you and then leave a crappy rating.

So, it's not proof, but strong indications are that Uber is still out there with fake PAX .

We know for a FACT that Uber has done this in the PAST, and not only did this, but then Proudly defended themselves, as not doing anything illegal? However, 5,000+ Fake Rides Requested and Cancelled in order for their secret app tracker to identify and track Lyft drivers.

Uber-nasty? Staff submits 5,560 fake ride requests

Uber Accused of Booking Thousands of Fake Rides to Mess with Rival Lyft - The Atlantic

First of all, reality check, where is CNN getting this "exact" 5,560 fake rides figure from? It's most likely much higher.

Also, we don't hear anything aside from these 5,000 ride cancellations and the ability to track Lyft drivers who don't work for Uber, but what we aren't hearing is about all the other things they do and/or did. It's not that big of a leap to expect that people whose job is to convince Lyft drivers to jump shit, to also give them crappy ratings if they are rebuffed.

Therefore, if Uber is for a fact KNOWN TO DO THIS IN THE PAST, and a moronic, probably old geezer judge, ruled that they aare free to continue doing this, then it is only logical to assume that they still engage in this type of behavior.

Additionally, this was not the only shady event which transpired, but the other events are less quantifiable.
Pax sux

1 - 11 of 11 Posts