Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our first Uber dinner in Canberra is on Wednesday 15 February at 6.00 pm. The venue is the cafeteria at IKEA (near the airport).

Turn right at the first opportunity after entering through the IKEA building entrance (not the building exit). There is ample free parking.

You don't need any form of membership card.

Look for the tables with signs saying 'Uber drivers'. The food is good and is very reasonably priced. It should end up costing you no more than about $15 all up.

They stop serving at 7.30 pm and the building itself closes at 8.00 pm.

The plan is to have Uber dinner once every three months to complement the weekly Uber lunches given that work commitments make it difficult for many drivers to attend weekday lunches.

All Uber drivers (current, prospective or past) and their guests are welcome to attend. Drivers can be from Canberra or anywhere else.

It will be relaxed, informative and fun.

Just turn up if interested.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is excellent and more do-able for me rather than the weekly lunches. I will come straight after finishing work as i'm just in BBP during the day. Look forward to meeting you Jack and everyone else.

·
Premium Member
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uber dinner tonight was a great success. We had five drivers and two partners of drivers attend.

There will be a second Uber dinner in Canberra in three months from now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts