Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Mmm...rider just mentioned his ride was going to cost $13.75. I dropped him off and checked to see what Uber put the cost as in my account. Uber said his ride was $7.65.... pretty huge discrepancy....
Uber provided him with an upfront price of $13.75. How they calculated that amount who knows.....
If you took the long way or were stuck in heavy traffic it is possible uber would have lost money versus the upfront pricing. You are guaranteed $1 base fare, 77 cents a mile and 12 cents a minute in gross revenue. (Your payment of $7.65 shows his ride fee would have been around $12.37 or so (minus the booking fee of $2.20 leaving a fare of around $10.1 minus uber's 25% which is a little over $2.50 leaving you with your $7.65) It looks like Uber calculated and charged him for a route which was about 1.5 miles longer and 2 minutes or so longer than what you drove.

What were your total miles and total time? It should be easy to figure out if Uber cheated you out of your base fare of $1, plus 77 cents a mile and 12 cents a minute (Before ubers 25%)

If you are worried about not getting 75% of the "up front fare" after Uber's deduction of $2.20 for the booking fee just "Take the long way".
The customer will only pay what Uber quoted him. I know if I am in Downtown Cleveland and they are going to Shaker, Beachwood etc we are taking the highway......I am NOT driving them thru the hood and all those lights...the total cost to them is the same and I get paid more.

Have you read the actual UBER terms of service? Do they promise you 75% of what the customer has been quoted after taking off the $2.20 booking fee?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Uber provided him with an upfront price of $13.75. How they calculated that amount who knows.....
If you took the long way or were stuck in heavy traffic it is possible uber would have lost money versus the upfront pricing. You are guaranteed $1 base fare, 77 cents a mile and 12 cents a minute in gross revenue. (Your payment of $7.65 shows his ride fee would have been around $12.37 or so (minus the booking fee of $2.20 leaving a fare of around $10.1 minus uber's 25% which is a little over $2.50 leaving you with your $7.65) It looks like Uber calculated and charged him for a route which was about 1.5 miles longer and 2 minutes or so longer than what you drove.

What were your total miles and total time? It should be easy to figure out if Uber cheated you out of your base fare of $1, plus 77 cents a mile and 12 cents a minute (Before ubers 25%)

If you are worried about not getting 75% of the "up front fare" after Uber's deduction of $2.20 for the booking fee just "Take the long way".
The customer will only pay what Uber quoted him. I know if I am in Downtown Cleveland and they are going to Shaker, Beachwood etc we are taking the highway......I am NOT driving them thru the hood and all those lights...the total cost to them is the same and I get paid more.

Have you read the actual UBER terms of service? Do they promise you 75% of what the customer has been quoted after taking off the $2.20 booking fee?
I will try to find that trip and see. U sound much smarter than me! ☺

1 - 6 of 6 Posts