Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.whio.com/news/uber-decr...e-cap-passed-honolulu/QwCiOJNBUkaTKR3cFPdUuO/

"Honolulu leaders approved a measure Wednesday to limit prices that ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft can charge during peak demand, a cap that the companies say would be the first restriction of its kind in the United States.

The measure would prevent "surge pricing" if increased rates are higher than the maximum fare set by the city. Honolulu attorneys will review the measure before it goes to Mayor Kirk Caldwell, who would have 10 days to sign it into law, allow it to become law without his signature or veto it."

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
so the incentive to work surge will be zero... I would be like.. Nope! Surfs Up! Walk Suckers
SURFS UP!

When I was on the rock in March, I accidentally accepted a Plus ride out of Lihue. We had returned from dinner around 7:45, and I had placed my phone in my pocket, and inadvertently turned on Shyft. I heard the tlinging of a Shyft countdown and as I removed my phone from my pocket I accepted a Plus ride at 200%.

Conundrum, Do a run and see what's up, or pour a beer and kick back at the beach.

It was a "unicorn" to the Poipu Hilton. Hit Kalapaki Joes in Poipu for late happy hour after delivery.

No Surge no trip for the unlucky Pax

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The local government in Honolulu is probably as bad or worse than the Seattle city Council that is what happens when you have people who have almost no fear of reprisal at the ballot box they’re basically Guaranteed to keep their position

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
When I was on the rock in March, I accidentally accepted a Plus ride out of Lihue.
Conundrum, Do a run and see what's up, or pour a beer and kick back at the beach.
It was a "unicorn" to the Poipu Hilton.
If you did, you took the ride without following legal regulations... Even if you shipped your UberXL car to Hawaii you're not activated to operate there. I guess I find this too far-fetched to be credible.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
If you did, you took the ride without following legal regulations... Even if you shipped your UberXL car to Hawaii you're not activated to operate there. I guess I find this too far-fetched to be credible.
you cannot drive in other cities. it's impossibru. tried it in portland many times. lambo is just making stuff up again for some unknown insane reason.

·
Banned
1,564 Posts
Great and true, but clearly I do not eschew to anyone else needs or desires unless I love them. Yes the thought went through my head before I decided not to cancel the ride. No I did not show up in Grammama, My 2014 Kia Sorrento that I use here, but rather in the Surfmobile, my 1977 Resto-mod VW bus. I keep in Kapa'a.

Yes you can say something that did happen didn't, but that doesn't bode well for your cognitive skills. Perhaps it shouldn't, but is certainly did. Yes it is more red than my Kia Sorrento that most clients think is black instead of black cherry

you cannot drive in other cities. it's impossibru. tried it in portland many times. lambo is just making stuff up again for some unknown insane reason.
Well I didn't even try and I did it.

Make of that what you will

Sir.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Great and true, but clearly I do not eschew to anyone else needs or desires unless I love them. Yes the thought went through my head before I decided not to cancel the ride. No I did not show up in Grammama, My 2014 Kia Sorrento that I use here, but rather in the Surfmobile, my 1977 Resto-mod VW bus. I keep in Kapa'a.

Yes you can say something that did happen didn't, but that doesn't bode well for your cognitive skills. Perhaps it shouldn't, but is certainly did. Yes it is more red than my Kia Sorrento that most clients think is black instead of black cherry
OK, so this answers that you took the ride without following legal regulations as the vehicle doesn't meet the minimum model year for the market and hasn't been vetted for use and inspection. Even so, I'm sure that the riders loved riding in the cool and classic bus. The TNC isn't checking what you're driving, it's only if a passenger rats you out. ("Dear Uber, my driver showed up in a 1981 Honda - I did not appreciate his insistence it's a movie reference")
I can believe that Lyft isn't limiting out geographically as it is proven that drivers on Lyft basically can drive anywhere within their own state (i.e. I could take a road trip to Ellensburg or Tri-Cities or Walla Walla, etc. and go drive, except I think Yakima and Spokane have city licensing rules that create geofences).

But I am surprised that Lyft allowed it in another state entirely.
Somebody from WA needs to test the cross-border limits out by running Lyft across borders in Idaho or Montana or in, say, Seaside, Oregon.

As far as Portland specifically (heynow321 ), I believe PDX has a specific city rulebook that creates a geofence? Similar to the Tacoma geofence related to possessing a city license.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,609 Posts
In Texas, uber allows us due to drive anywhere in the state due to our state laws hehe
In Washington we can drive almost to Spokane Washington which is on the opposite side of the state (west to east.) We can go as far south as we like but the pay per mile in those counties drop to 0.75 per mile. Some of us are allowed to drive North into Snohomish county, but some are not. Don't know why. You're in Dallas. Will Uber allow you to drive into Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana to pick up pax? The Portland heynow321 was referring to, is Portland Oregon, the state neighboring Washington State. The Lihue Martin was referring to, is Lihue Hawaii, which as you know is off the continental US.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
OK, so this answers that you took the ride without following legal regulations as the vehicle doesn't meet the minimum model year for the market and hasn't been vetted for use and inspection. Even so, I'm sure that the riders loved riding in the cool and classic bus. The TNC isn't checking what you're driving, it's only if a passenger rats you out. ("Dear Uber, my driver showed up in a 1981 Honda - I did not appreciate his insistence it's a movie reference")
I can believe that Lyft isn't limiting out geographically as it is proven that drivers on Lyft basically can drive anywhere within their own state (i.e. I could take a road trip to Ellensburg or Tri-Cities or Walla Walla, etc. and go drive, except I think Yakima and Spokane have city licensing rules that create geofences).

Somebody from WA needs to test the cross-border limits out by running Lyft across borders in Idaho or Montana or in, say, Seaside, Oregon.

As far as Portland specifically (heynow321 ), I believe PDX has a specific city rulebook that creates a geofence? Similar to the Tacoma geofence related to possessing a city license.
That geofence isn't up anymore. I picked up a pax last week in Tacoma.

And according to Google, Lyft apparently allows pickups in multiple states, unless locals regulations prevent it. There's a guy on Rideshareguy's podcast that did a cross continental trip and picked up in 65 different states with Lyft.

I'm waiting for you guys to accuse me next of telling tall tales so I can slap you with my passport visas and stamps.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts

Nah yakima doesn't require anything. Almost all central/east wa is one giant region @ slightly higher rates. Spokane does tho, with rates similar to Tacoma.

That geofence isn't up anymore. I picked up a pax last week in Tacoma.

And according to Google, Lyft apparently allows pickups in multiple states, unless locals regulations prevent it. There's a guy on Rideshareguy's podcast that did a cross continental trip and picked up in 65 different states with Lyft.

I'm waiting for you guys to accuse me next of telling tall tales so I can slap you with my passport visas and stamps.
If you accept a ride in Tacoma, lyft automatically applies you for a biz license for your first year. Don't think Uber does the same.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts