Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped driving Uber in Dec last year and I didn't pick up driving again until the guarantees started, I think in April. Never once did I get notification from Uber that I was going to be deactivated for not driving.

I got fed up with Uber when they started making excuses why they couldn't pay me the guarantees I rightfully earned. I started driving with Lyft about 3 weeks ago, exactly when I stopped driving uber. The only difference between December and now is the Lyft app is installed on my phone. Makes me wonder if they are checking out our phones and looking at usage. I guess that is the paranoid side of me speaking here or they have so many riders they can just toss us out. For the amount of money they spend recruiting I am a bit shocked.

I'll get my one trip in to keep myself active but I am still debating if I want to drive for them.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I think that's pretty routine .. my boyfriend only signed up for Uber for the new driver bonus, but gets those "deactivation" emails all the time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am not sure if I am following you.
1) Did you get a notice that you were going to be deactivated and have resumed some driving to avoid that? or
2) Did you get deactivated without warning?

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
I stopped driving Uber in Dec last year and I didn't pick up driving again until the guarantees started, I think in April. Never once did I get notification from Uber that I was going to be deactivated for not driving.

I got fed up with Uber when they started making excuses why they couldn't pay me the guarantees I rightfully earned. I started driving with Lyft about 3 weeks ago, exactly when I stopped driving uber. The only difference between December and now is the Lyft app is installed on my phone. Makes me wonder if they are checking out our phones and looking at usage. I guess that is the paranoid side of me speaking here or they have so many riders they can just toss us out. For the amount of money they spend recruiting I am a bit shocked.

I'll get my one trip in to keep myself active but I am still debating if I want to drive for them.
They know everything about you. When you agree to the app be it driver or rider they have access to all your geospatial data as well as how you interact with the datum. Welcome to the private side of Big Brother.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Just un instal it while you not using it.
You be getitng those messages and if they do deactive you for lack of driving ...go to office they will re activate you.
Thats the least of ur worry

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry been on holiday in Hawaii. So I received noticed if I don't complete one drive I will be deactivated. I never completed that drive and they never deactivated me. I had Hawaii on the brain and didn't feel like completing a trip. Matter of fact I received guarantees this week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts