Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
uber deactivating more drivers recently for community guidelines
No not more drivers been deactivated for canceling it been the same policy for years. If you are in the bottom 1% of drivers that cancel in ur city for 3 out 4 weeks in the month you get booted off the platform like you should :redface:

Best advice for other driver is don't accept the ping if you have zero attention of picking up the rider & only looking to scam a cancellation fee. Try to complete 80% "4 out of every 5 pings" of the pings you do accept. That way you be in with the other 99% of the drivers that will not get booted off the system.

Plus with the influx of a hundred drivers joining up everyday... No shortage of drivers to replace the duds.

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
No not more drivers been deactivated for canceling it been the same policy for years. If you are in the bottom 1% of drivers that cancel in ur city for 3 out 4 weeks in the month you get booted off the platform like you should :redface:

Best advice for other driver is don't accept the ping if you have zero attention of picking up the rider & only looking to scam a cancellation fee. Try to complete 80% "4 out of every 5 pings" of the pings you do accept. That way you be in with the other 99% of the drivers that will not get booted off the system.

Plus with the influx of a hundred drivers joining up everyday... No shortage of drivers to replace the duds.
that puts fighting for scraps in a whole new perspective then...improve your game or you dont even get scraps at all ...

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
that puts fighting for scraps in a whole new perspective then...improve your game or you dont even get scraps at all ...
I had one driver that tried to low ball me on a vehicle <$200 pw. I laughed in his face. Asking was closer to $240 & low & behold... I get a text a month later begging for a vehicle. Told him I'll put him on the waiting list. "low priority." & his going to get a vehicle close to retirement age.

I told him on application it boom time for driving and with the hordes of drivers signing up their just not enough vehicles in the city. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away :roflmao: Then he comes back a month later licking my boots and begging.

He shopped around & loss out and found out the hard way everyone else were bigger sharks & lions then little old me :redface: My first offer is always the best offer. Let it be known...

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
I had one driver that tried to low ball me on a vehicle <$200 pw. I laughed in his face. Asking was closer to $240 & low & behold... I get a text a month later begging for a vehicle. Told him I'll put him on the waiting list. "low priority." & his going to get a vehicle close to retirement age.

I told him on application it boom time for driving and with the hordes of drivers signing up their just not enough vehicles in the city. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away :roflmao:
i understand your position and fully support it...but that ant starting the week staring at $200 for rental + another $200 on petrol :eek: 4 large before i even get out of bed... forget it, i dont even want to wake up this year
pay all that off and make a decent profit to feed the family back in the old country means every waking hour is spent in that car...and that is all there is, things wont get any better till you do, but how can you get better if every waking hour is spent inside that damn car :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
i understand your position and fully support it...but that ant starting the week staring at $200 for rental + another $200 on petrol :eek: 4 large before i even get out of bed... forget it, i dont even want to wake up this year
Perth is a city with no jobs or prospect. It basically like the hunger games movie.
I had a friend that applied to be assistant receptionist casual job and she told me over two thousand people applied for it.

Unless a person is connected through friends & family. Got more chance of winning lotto than landing a job here.

So explains the reason why Ridesharing works in this hunger game environment because they don't have the funds or the know how to run a vehicle on the cheap or even the funds to acquire one.

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
Perth is a city with no jobs or prospect. It basically like the hunger games movie.
I had a friend that applied to be assistant receptionist casual job and she told me over two thousand people applied for it.
i remember the early 2000s when many Melb boys would go out west for $100k+/year entry level mining jobs...
depressing and sad how things change

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
i remember the early 2000s when many Melb boys would go out west for $100k+/year entry level mining jobs...
depressing and sad how things change
Everyone keep on saying it the great depression ect but for me though... Booming hard. Everyone losing stacks of cash for the past 2-5 years but when you work out markets & businesses that thrive in depression markets and have a few businesses that does ? But those are my ideas.

Always been a firm believer in businesses where it is essential & right now tools are in demand so I provide the tools. My competitor same space as me his charging more than Mavan or NSR does $270-300 for Uberx and cleaning up. He doesn't like me because I charge fair price and cut him at the knees sometimes but he head locks drivers into 6 month contracts as well I don't. He doesn't drive I drive so got a bit more sympathy for drivers.

Even him he doesn't have any stock currently.
It not really about the $$$ it be a couple of hundred per week or a bit extra. That bit extra is for my time & service. I got a network and so does my other competitors where we can get a vehicle up & running again for service & repairs generally within a turnaround time "short notice" in about four to six hours. So driver drops it in goes to sleep and picks it up missing no hours of work. That because I got workshop partnerships & so do others competing.

Of course if drivers don't want quick turnaround theirs always Mavan, Splend & NSR ect. Those are mainstream & you get mainstream service. Some drivers want the VIP treatment :roflmao: VIP always cost a bit $$ more. Drivers recognize that and willing to pay premium to be recognized as a person instead of a number. Really impossible for me to compete dollar for dollar with bigger outfits. So I compete in speed/flexibility and service.... Charging accordingly.

Same drivers that get burned from the major outfits are the one seeking boutique ones.

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
lol Apollo you get no pings because you wait behind Croxton :smiles: there is two dozens habibs lined up along that portion of High St day and night sleeping in cars
That and @Apollo only accepts riders with 4.9 rating :redface:

Reactions: zanboor and Apollo

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
That and @Apollo only accepts riders with 4.9 rating :redface:
good luck, this weekend was so anxious to get my numbers up i even chanced it, took a 3.82 rated rider, nothing too bad just no clue about common western courtesy, her rating ripped apart by previous drivers, sitting quiet and shy the entire trip...

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
I wouldn't touch someone with a 3 in front of their ratings though. :eek:
You taking ur life into ur own hands. Sometimes it could be good but the downside... Could be the worst rider in history.

·
Banned
5,653 Posts
I wouldn't touch someone with a 3 in front of their ratings though. :eek:
i know, expected a monster, instead got a shy and quiet chinese girl wanting to go from city to Box Hill...decent trip, no issues whatsoever, not sure why previous habibs hated her so much...
sometimes i chance the rating, leave it for final visual inspection when they approach the car...if they look really dodgy i just take off and cancel

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
i know, expected a monster, instead got a shy and quiet chinese girl wanting to go from city to Box Hill...decent trip, no issues whatsoever, not sure why previous habibs hated her so much...
She wasn't willing to entertain. Hurt pride & ego so takes it out on her ratings.

Have pick up a few 4.2-4.4 bony lassy before when i was bored. No issue with them but got a feeling they were not the type that will take BS. In which case those drivers take out their frustrations on their ratings.

Not sure about other cities though but from what some riders experience over 2/3 of them are all creeps hitting on riders. That one thing I keep on hearing constantly.

Was one rider that was particularly happy though... Man in his late early 40s but he looked like he was still in his 30s. Got pick up by a lady UD. Only one of three in his life as a rider & all been quite exceptional from what he recalls. His last one gave him full service on the ride home :eek: My mouth dropped. He said she was absolutely banging and he couldn't resist himself even though he could resist the two ladies he met at the club & them wanting him to stay overnight but he sensibly chosen to go back to his own place.

So in my mind reinforces my opinion regardless of gender most rideshare drivers are sex addicts. And.... Quite possibly have a few banging nymphomaniac babes driving around giving full service to those lucky riders. I am going to labelled them as "Angels" :roflmao:

Reactions: Apollo and clmre
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.