Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I live in a beach town in North Florida that recently has turned ghost town now that summer is over. During summer on my days off i'd usually do really well, and I got used to the extra money. So recently I'd only get 1 or 2 requests per day and they'd all be over 35 minutes away so I wouldn't take them. So I started going to the nearest college town on my days off even though it's 2.5 hours away because it's always busy and surging and I can make a day of it. So yesterday I drive all the way there only to get deactivated after 2 pickups because I hadn't accepted 90% of my requests.
I have a 4.9 rating after the last 2 months of picking up drunk tourists and spoiled college kids so Uber, you can go to hell with this bullsh*t. I'll go sell vacuums door to door before I get drilled in the a*s by this piece of sh*t company again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain. This is a copy/paste of a message that I'm considering sending back to these assjacks.

Nicholas,
I got someone to lend me a smart phone so I could do this. I have had two tanks of gas fronted to me because I didn't have the cash upfront. I drive 17 trips on Saturday to and from the ULL football game. Many students, many of them drinking, many of them having not even put in an address destination. Yet I am cut off. I emailed the "executive class", get a call from them, call them back and get a recorded message that I can attend a class in Illinois. Due respect; are you kidding me????
I have delivered food and driven a dump truck in this town. I know it as good or better than many natives. Knowing where I'm going is not an issue.
Know that you have hurt someone. I am a 59 year old man with no family to turn to. This snubbing may cause me to lose my car. Losing my car may cause me to lose my ability to make a living, as well as my access to medical care. I was in line to finally be treated for a chronic illness, but now I don't know whether I can, or will be able to, continue to seek treatment. Decisions like this, capricious and arbitrary, faceless and now voiceless, will be your inheritance. Rue the day when you get there, because your fate will also be in the hands of Orwellian types like you have set yourselves up to be.
I am a person. I have a phone number. I can be spoken with. You can do it at work, or on your own time. Take a chance. Be a human.
I know that this decision is probably based on criteria that you are not sharing with me. Perhaps you have too many drivers. Perhaps something else that I can only guess at. Just know that you have hurt a real person very, very deeply. Sleep well.....
Tyler Buell

·
Banned
919 Posts
See if there is a lawsuit to join but my God, quit if you are driving 2.5 hours away...each way to do this gig. Seriously, Uber does love drivers like you that don't realize what the true cost is for driving for uber.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
So I live in a beach town in North Florida that recently has turned ghost town now that summer is over. During summer on my days off i'd usually do really well, and I got used to the extra money. So recently I'd only get 1 or 2 requests per day and they'd all be over 35 minutes away so I wouldn't take them. So I started going to the nearest college town on my days off even though it's 2.5 hours away because it's always busy and surging and I can make a day of it. So yesterday I drive all the way there only to get deactivated after 2 pickups because I hadn't accepted 90% of my requests.
UberBlackDriverLA is right:
1. File a claim for unemployment
2. File a complaint with the labor board
3. File a civil claim in Small Claims for the maximum damages allowed by the court. It'll only cost about $100. Since the Uber Partner Agreement specifically says that you can choose to accept or not accept any ride request you choose, Uber should just settle.
4. Take your story, including all of your claims above to your local paper. Get them interested - it's a human interest, business and labor rights story on a hot topic: Uber. Uber HATES negative press... so get creative in spreading your story... post on prnewswire.com and every blog you can find.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
thats way out to drive imo. also collage kids, ufff. no thanks. i do have an issue with accepance rate if we are true IC. it should be the key point in any legal battle,

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I feel your pain. This is a copy/paste of a message that I'm considering sending back to these assjacks.

Nicholas,
I got someone to lend me a smart phone so I could do this. I have had two tanks of gas fronted to me because I didn't have the cash upfront. I drive 17 trips on Saturday to and from the ULL football game. Many students, many of them drinking, many of them having not even put in an address destination. Yet I am cut off. I emailed the "executive class", get a call from them, call them back and get a recorded message that I can attend a class in Illinois. Due respect; are you kidding me????
I have delivered food and driven a dump truck in this town. I know it as good or better than many natives. Knowing where I'm going is not an issue.
Know that you have hurt someone. I am a 59 year old man with no family to turn to. This snubbing may cause me to lose my car. Losing my car may cause me to lose my ability to make a living, as well as my access to medical care. I was in line to finally be treated for a chronic illness, but now I don't know whether I can, or will be able to, continue to seek treatment. Decisions like this, capricious and arbitrary, faceless and now voiceless, will be your inheritance. Rue the day when you get there, because your fate will also be in the hands of Orwellian types like you have set yourselves up to be.
I am a person. I have a phone number. I can be spoken with. You can do it at work, or on your own time. Take a chance. Be a human.
I know that this decision is probably based on criteria that you are not sharing with me. Perhaps you have too many drivers. Perhaps something else that I can only guess at. Just know that you have hurt a real person very, very deeply. Sleep well.....
Tyler Buell
T-man you might wanna message HenryG. I'm sure he'd be interested in your experience.

Any older drivers (over 60) out there? Looking to chat for a story.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I have a 4.9 rating after the last 2 months of picking up drunk tourists and spoiled college kids so Uber, you can go to hell with this bullsh*t. I'll go sell vacuums door to door before I get drilled in the a*s by this piece of sh*t company again.
UberDownTheCoast that's the first time I've heard of Uber deactivating a Driver for not having a 90% acceptance rate!
In fact Drivers retain the right to accept/decline or cancel ride requests, subject to current policy. If Uber never notified you of this 90% Acceptance Rate threshold, then it is breaching the Partnership Agreement.

Screenshot_2015-09-16-13-03-24.png

·
Banned
723 Posts
This thread by the OP just goes to show how desperate many Uber drivers are, and slave master uber knows this, 5 "non paid miles on car, wear and tear" hours driving a day just to go get a few cheap uber fares, what is this world coming to.

·
Registered
457 Posts
UberDownTheCoast that's the first time I've heard of Uber deactivating a Driver for not having a 90% acceptance rate!
In fact Drivers retain the right to accept/decline or cancel ride requests, subject to current policy. If Uber never notified you of this 90% Acceptance Rate threshold, then it is breaching the Partnership Agreement.

View attachment 13476
Good find. Seems if you wanted you could easily win in court. Of coarse what exactly that win would be I have no idea.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
I'm having trouble believing this claim...I would love to see the letter as I believe 1/3 to 1/2 the driver population is below 90% acceptance.

Uber knows the platform only works for a partner with a 5-10 minute travel time max.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Nicholas,
Tyler Buell
Uber isn't the only game in town, company's are not required to hire or keep anyone, that's unfortunate but we must all persevere, why not try a local cab company, or Lyft, or delivery?

·
Registered
836 Posts

View attachment 13476
If this is the latest partner agreement then OP needs to download and save it for his day in court.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
thats way out to drive imo. also collage kids, ufff. no thanks. i do have an issue with accepance rate if we are true IC. it should be the key point in any legal battle,
my do surge skipping and I have not been canceled.So I don't know why they canceled

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
2.5 hr each way for .85 cents a mile

1 - 20 of 31 Posts