Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As everyday, I was waiting in Ont (Ontario airport) for couple hours no getting XL calls, then turned on Uber X, got a call Uber x to Whittier 28miles trip for $24 around 10:00 pm. Round way 56 miles would cost me $19 on gas ( Honda Odyssey 18mls/gal), $24 - $19=$5. I texted the rider to cancel the trip, but she didn't. If I took the ride, I would make only $5 and spent over 60 mins on the round way trip. It's not fair for driver make $5 on a hour round way trip due to expensive gas price and time frame. Uber forces drivers take any rides in the airport, also sent lot of calls 10 miles away from outside airport, it wastes drivers accepting rates and avoids the driver see the detail of each trip. They deactivated my airport access due to I didn’t take the ride.as you known, uber charges 45% up for each ride nowadays, the money they paid even not enough to cover my gas and time. I would glad to spent my time with family and kids . Thanks Uber !

·
Premium Member
10,649 Posts
As everyday, I was waiting in Ont (Ontario airport) for couple hours no getting XL calls
You were willingly losing money idling away the days & hours in an airport queue.
Uber is doing you a favor banning you from the airport.
I wish you prosperity in the future. Welcome to UP.net!

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
As everyday, I was waiting in Ont (Ontario airport) for couple hours no getting XL calls, then turned on Uber X, got a call Uber x to Whittier 28miles trip for $24 around 10:00 pm. Round way 56 miles would cost me $19 on gas ( Honda Odyssey 18mls/gal), $24 - $19=$5. I texted the rider to cancel the trip, but she didn't. If I took the ride, I would make only $5 and spent over 60 mins on the round way trip. It's not fair for driver make $5 on a hour round way trip due to expensive gas price and time frame. Uber forces drivers take any rides in the airport, also sent lot of calls 10 miles away from outside airport, it wastes drivers accepting rates and avoids the driver see the detail of each trip. They deactivated my airport access due to I didn’t take the ride.as you known, uber charges 45% up for each ride nowadays, the money they paid even not enough to cover my gas and time. I would glad to spent my time with family and kids . Thanks Uber !
1. Maybe buy a couple of paragraphs.

2. Uber WILL revoke your airport access for canceling at the airport too often.

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
I never sit in queue at the airport because you are losing money…

I work the streets and earn, so you shouldn’t be upset at losing your access at the airport…
Every. Place. Is. Different.
Here the only place worth being is the airport
Only surge in town
I average 20 a ride
Elsewhere avg 4-5 at an average of 2.25 rides per hour
You can’t make a living like that
This pay is down 50% over 4-5 months ago but still worth doing for now

o
Font Tableware Logo Brand Drinkware

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
1. Maybe buy a couple of paragraphs.

2. Uber WILL revoke your airport access for canceling at the airport too often.
Is what it is
I’m not grinding the ghetto for 9 an hour gross- 3-5 dollars per ride 2 rides per hour
And if we’re lucky here we get a $9 dollar 30 minute ride that requires a 30 minute ride back to civilization
I would rather sit home and I did a few years ago

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
wow, you sit at airport for a few hours and make nothing, i live 15 mins from ontario airport i do not sit and wait for confort ride, i have both confort and x turned on and i wait no longer 30 mins, siting and waiting for a ride longer then 30 mins is just uber stupid, and get a car with high MPG, my lincoin mkz hybird gets 38 mpg and even that is borderline too low.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Is what it is
I’m not grinding the ghetto for 9 an hour gross- 3-5 dollars per ride 2 rides per hour
And if we’re lucky here we get a $9 dollar 30 minute ride that requires a 30 minute ride back to civilization
I would rather sit home and I did a few years ago
I take rides in and get one on the way out almost all the time but I do not sit and wait if Uber doesn’t Ping me on my way out…

It is my rule because here in Houston you have so many drivers sitting there, so I am out hustling the streets…

·
Registered
5 Posts
I never sit in queue at the airport because you are losing money…

I work the streets and earn, so you shouldn’t be upset at losing your access at the airport…
I wonder why someone doesn't develop a new app that allows scheduling of rides ahead of landing. With all the money to be made (45%) there is room for competition. Private driver's only issue is screening- so also good business to start. Plenty to go around. Work on ideas while idling...

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I wonder why someone doesn't develop a new app that allows scheduling of rides ahead of landing. With all the money to be made (45%) there is room for competition. Private driver's only issue is screening- so also good business to start. Plenty to go around. Work on ideas while idling...
wRidz:

They are trying to start something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts