Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So, I tried talking to Uber, searching the Web and looking on here but can't find an answer. On Tuesday I opened my App and it said "your account needs attention". I contacted support and they notified me that I was deactivated. After some digging and emails back and forth, Uber informed me it was due to canceled rides. Honestly I had a major issue with the app where it wouldn't show the rider information or allow me to pick people up and that got me excess cancellations on Sunday. I had gotten cancel emails before but when talking to drivers before. They told me not to worry about it because my rating was around 4.96 and I was averaging about $1800 per week. I wish I would have taken those emails more seriously so I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. But anyway, had anyone been deactivated for this before? Is it permanent? I just want to know either way. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Had the same problem a few weeks back. No address and the one time I used the GPS to find them I could get out of ending trip. Same with the first part had to reboot phone every time then deleted the app and reinstalled it. E-mail support and told them the problem. That was I think the time Uber said their was a problem with cancellations.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Hey everyone! So, I tried talking to Uber, searching the Web and looking on here but can't find an answer. On Tuesday I opened my App and it said "your account needs attention". I contacted support and they notified me that I was deactivated. After some digging and emails back and forth, Uber informed me it was due to canceled rides. Honestly I had a major issue with the app where it wouldn't show the rider information or allow me to pick people up and that got me excess cancellations on Sunday. I had gotten cancel emails before but when talking to drivers before. They told me not to worry about it because my rating was around 4.96 and I was averaging about $1800 per week. I wish I would have taken those emails more seriously so I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. But anyway, had anyone been deactivated for this before? Is it permanent? I just want to know either way. Any help is appreciated!
You should go to the hub and ask to be reinstated

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I had gotten cancel emails before but when talking to drivers before. They told me not to worry about it because my rating was around 4.96
Ruh-roh...we've all gotten those warning emails about cancellations. And your rating is seriously abnormally high. Jee, I wonder if we should pay attention?With your reported income, you clearly are an experienced and street-savvy driver who works 100 hours a week.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your ratings screen and the Uber notification of deactivation here so we can help you figure out if it's permanent. I fear you may be getting influenced and disrupted via Uber.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is I don't have access to the app anymore. I just went in and talked to in-person support and they told me that on Friday night between the hours of 12 a.m. and 10 a.m. didn't accept like 20 rides. Really weird because if my phone was on I would totally hear it while I was sleeping. I'm just frustrated because I was making really good money for Uber and you would think that they would give you approbation or a final warning or something. After doing more research it sounds like lots of people get those emails every single week about cancelling trips but nobody takes them seriously.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
The problem is I don't have access to the app anymore. I just went in and talked to in-person support and they told me that on Friday night between the hours of 12 a.m. and 10 a.m. didn't accept like 20 rides. Really weird because if my phone was on I would totally hear it while I was sleeping. I'm just frustrated because I was making really good money for Uber and you would think that they would give you approbation or a final warning or something. After doing more research it sounds like lots of people get those emails every single week about cancelling trips but nobody takes them seriously.
Acceptance wouldn't get you deactivated. What was your last known cancellation rate?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Cancel and acceptance rates ar two different things. A high cancel rate is a pretty sure way to deactivation because you're cancelling after accepting a trip. Acceptance is ignoring pings and takes a lot of repeat issues to be deactivated. They typically give you some time out off the app but don't deactivate first thing. Go to the hub again.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Always respond to any Uber that requests your "attention" email immediately. Uber will often deactivate you if you do not. Sometime Uber deactivates you before receiving the email. Anybody having a problem that cannot be resolved by email has the option of visiting a Greenlight hub location and talking directly with a human being.
http://www.idrivewithuber.com/uber-greenlight-locations/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not so sure the app was so glitchy that it was swiping accept on its own and then cancelling as well and causing ur cancel rate to be high...you would think to contact support after the first time it happens. The fact that you got warning emails and decided to talk to other drivers if you should worry about them instead of actually trying to fix the problem, leads to believe that most of your cancels were not app glitches...and you shouldnt be reactivated.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
I swear hardly a day goes by in this place, that somebody doesnt get cancellations and acceptance rates mixed up. You can choose not to accept 50 rides a fay and Uber cant do an eff'ng thing. Cancels are a different story.

And wait, $1800 a week ??? Whrre TF do you drive ??? I swear in this area (Sacramento) a guy could drive 60 hours a week and if he made $600, I'd be very impressed !

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I swear hardly a day goes by in this place, that somebody doesnt get cancellations and acceptance rates mixed up. You can choose not to accept 50 rides a fay and Uber cant do an eff'ng thing. Cancels are a different story.

And wait, $1800 a week ??? Whrre TF do you drive ??? I swear in this area (Sacramento) a guy could drive 60 hours a week and if he made $600, I'd be very impressed !
I made 980 in a week once... :/

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm skeptical of OP. He's claiming he makes $90,000 a year driving for Uber (which is actually $67,500 after Uber's cut). Salt Lake City X rates are $0.11 a minute and $0.95 a mile. And he's got a cautionary tale of being deactivated because of his cancellation rate.

Salt Lake has UberSkiSelect and UberSUV, services that are close to $3.75 a mile. I'm still skeptical. The $90K a year figure is a dead giveaway for corporate trolls.

Even at $3.75 a mile he's claiming he makes 500 miles a week, consistently, on SkiSelect or SUV. 100 miles a day at the priciest service levels.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
In what city ???

My best week in Sac was like $695....and thats in going on 6 months driving for Uber... View attachment 98523
Central east coast and South Fl... 500 is a great week for me, 600 is fantastic and rare. we used to get gigantic surge areas and it was easy to manipulate them. several counties used to surge at once. I could hit 400 and 500 hundred pretty easily then.

Tje 980.... About half of that was on a unicorn xl ride to a strip club 40 miles away, they paid me to wait for them, in cash and very well. that one trip netted me about 500 in about 3.5 hours. I think it was 350 in cash.

As they were recapping the night I was running a total in my head. These guys dropped close to 10k in the short time they were inside. unreal.

I've had other weeks 6-7 but they are rare. I'd have to really get out there consistently break 600. Hell, 500 is rare.

I do not drive full time, some weeks I drive 10 hours other weeks 50... depends on how I feel and what is going on.

My point was, I've been driving a long time and I've never seen a week that good. my best week was definitely a unicorn. Made more money to sit in my car and play cards online than just about any full day out driving. $1800, at current rates and this new crappy localized surge. I can't see it. that's nearly 2x my best week

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
I'm skeptical of OP. He's claiming he makes $90,000 a year driving for Uber (which is actually $67,500 after Uber's cut). Salt Lake City X rates are $0.11 a minute and $0.95 a mile. And he's got a cautionary tale of being deactivated because of his cancellation rate.

Salt Lake has UberSkiSelect and UberSUV, services that are close to $3.75 a mile. I'm still skeptical. The $90K a year figure is a dead giveaway for corporate trolls.

Even at $3.75 a mile he's claiming he makes 500 miles a week, consistently, on SkiSelect or SUV. 100 miles a day at the priciest service levels.
I totally agree sounds like corporate trolling to me if I've ever seen it...
Except for one thing.... wouldn't you think if this guy was trolling for the Uber Corporation that they could make a fake weekly pay screen, for any crazy amount, to be used for a b******* screenshot ?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I totally agree sounds like corporate trolling to me if I've ever seen it...
Except for one thing.... wouldn't you think if this guy was trolling for the Uber Corporation that they could make a fake weekly pay screen, for any crazy amount, to be used for a b******* screenshot ?
I seriously doubt the 1800/wk myself but I doubt corporate trolling just as much.

A wise man once told me, "If you want someone to lie to you ask them about their sexual life or finances.'

Over the years I've found this to pretty accurate.

·
Registered
566 Posts
but I doubt corporate trolling just as much
But he's got all the troll highlights. A 4.96 rating driving 100 miles a day on Uber's most expensive services? Averaging 25 mph that's 4 passenger trip hours, on a ride, every day, including weekdays. $90K a year is just so convenient.

It reminds of that commercial. We found your fingerprints on the safe, a selfie you took in front of the safe and a post in #justrobbedthesafe

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you to look at the evidence and find this defendant guilty of trolling in the first degree!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts