Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday after a problem with the google ride app (crashed, crashed phone) I began to get notices that my docs were expiring. Well as it turned out my account also got whacked, and it moved my location to Pennsylvania, thereby asking for my docs... I caught it on Tuesday when I tried to logon as a driver..and it said my account was not activated. 20+ emails later and 3 days now unable to drive, and re-loading all my docs as requested, I am no further along. I finally flamed Uber on facebook... they got very indignant...********... sorry but it got their attention. They sent me a request to upload my docs again... I did yesterday. Today I am still not activated and no matter how I log on, driver or passenger I get their notice to download the software, whic of course I already have... and worse their download link returns a 401! Pathetic. Lyft here I come. Uber is Ober!

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
I've noticed that the time delay following a "help" request via the app has lengthened. What used to take an hour or two, now takes several days. I suspect that they are overwhelmed by new drivers who have many issues, questions, problems. If driver growth/churn continues, service to drivers is going to get worse, rather than better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I agree...they whacked all my documents, all my account data...worst possible scenario. I have since re-loaded my stuff now over 12 hours ago, and still nothing ...enter 96 hours of lost opportunities as a result of their error! That is wholly un-acceptable...I am quickly switch to another service. Uber is now Nine Ober!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
On Monday after a problem with the google ride app (crashed, crashed phone) I began to get notices that my docs were expiring. Well as it turned out my account also got whacked, and it moved my location to Pennsylvania, thereby asking for my docs... I caught it on Tuesday when I tried to logon as a driver..and it said my account was not activated. 20+ emails later and 3 days now unable to drive, and re-loading all my docs as requested, I am no further along. I finally flamed Uber on facebook... they got very indignant...********... sorry but it got their attention. They sent me a request to upload my docs again... I did yesterday. Today I am still not activated and no matter how I log on, driver or passenger I get their notice to download the software, whic of course I already have... and worse their download link returns a 401! Pathetic. Lyft here I come. Uber is Ober!
No left no right go find a real job you gonna waist your time

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Yes I agree...they whacked all my documents, all my account data...worst possible scenario. I have since re-loaded my stuff now over 12 hours ago, and still nothing ...enter 96 hours of lost opportunities as a result of their error! That is wholly un-acceptable...I am quickly switch to another service. Uber is now Nine Ober!
If you are driving UberX in Dallas your not missing much at .85 cents per mile $3.50 minimum $1.00 base.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And the crap goes on...now all docs are re-loaded, they want to do another background....just did it Jul 23...all good...so I gave them the bkgrounds checks they sent me....this is clearly a CYa attempt yo coverup that all my driver info was compromised, and they are refreshing at my expense. Believe I have already reported this to my local police, my lawyer and tomorrow probably homeland Security as this is a breech of security. I also am starting with lyft soon. All this just to bide time in retirement. Worst bureaucratic nightmare ever in my 70 years!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
And the crap goes on...now all docs are re-loaded, they want to do another background....just did it Jul 23...all good...so I gave them the bkgrounds checks they sent me....this is clearly a CYa attempt yo coverup that all my driver info was compromised, and they are refreshing at my expense. Believe I have already reported this to my local police, my lawyer and tomorrow probably homeland Security as this is a breech of security. I also am starting with lyft soon. All this just to bide time in retirement. Worst bureaucratic nightmare ever in my 70 years!
You could go to the Dallas Uber office they could fix that for you quickly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you go down there. Can you ask them to please have my past pax stop calling me. I haven't logged into my Uber "car donator" app since last Fri night and I am still getting a hang up call from my "Uber PAX" number

·
Registered
19 Posts
As I'm sure many have noticed, there is no surge pricing showing up on the ap. In conversations with Anna from Uber, this is one of the changes that has been made to the new ap. Apparently, it wasn't worth mentioning, when they told us some of the new features that they were rolling out in the new ap.

Surge pricing still exists, but we are no longer privy to that information. Anna said "We're here to help you out, if you want to confirm the surge price in your certain trip. You can reach out to us here with the trip ID, we're happy to look that information up for you."

I think we should send emails for every single trip taken that you work, in order to get information. Maybe if they are inundated with requests, they will reconsider this asinine policy.

Also, please write them and ask them to explain the thoughts behind this stupid policy. In the last year, they have dropped prices 45% and now, they want the drivers to somehow decipher what the surge pricing should be. Do you trust them to be totally honest with you, regarding what they are collecting from the customers and what they are paying you? I know I don't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have no trust or respect...... these are clearly imbeciles with absolutely no business credentials!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
  • Check this...they asked me to submit to Hirease... I told them I did this and completed it on Jul 23. I even sent them copies.... so I said **** it I will try again...At least Hirease has a valid business process and rejected it. These idiots at dallas Ober....pathetic incompetent imbiciles and idiots...

Response from Hirease :

Applicant with this driver's license has already applied;
Applicant with this email has already applied;

You are really absurd…. As u can see I completed this on July 23…. I sent you a copies from then…. How many ways are you going to exhibit your incompetence?

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Another desperate uber driver having a panic attack, classic, Uber loves this and is feeding on all your carcasses.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another desperate uber driver having a panic attack, classic, Uber loves this and is feeding on all your carcasses.
NObody had a panic attack. The entire thread reads, and I will paraphrase "Uber has screwed me for no reason, check out what happened.......screw uber"

·
Registered
735 Posts
As I'm sure many have noticed, there is no surge pricing showing up on the ap. In conversations with Anna from Uber, this is one of the changes that has been made to the new ap. Apparently, it wasn't worth mentioning, when they told us some of the new features that they were rolling out in the new ap.

Surge pricing still exists, but we are no longer privy to that information. Anna said "We're here to help you out, if you want to confirm the surge price in your certain trip. You can reach out to us here with the trip ID, we're happy to look that information up for you."

I think we should send emails for every single trip taken that you work, in order to get information. Maybe if they are inundated with requests, they will reconsider this asinine policy.

Also, please write them and ask them to explain the thoughts behind this stupid policy. In the last year, they have dropped prices 45% and now, they want the drivers to somehow decipher what the surge pricing should be. Do you trust them to be totally honest with you, regarding what they are collecting from the customers and what they are paying you? I know I don't.
Probably because they saw smart drivers going offline as soon as surge expires.
Now they need to find a way to prevent us from using the rider app to check for surge

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't understand why they would disable surge notification - its how they were able to get drivers to move to certain areas. If an area is short of drivers, how are we supposed to know?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wu, by not alerting drivers, they canfind thosewho will drive without surge. Enough of those and they will do away with surge all together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts