Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
It's simple. No tip from client = automatic 4 star passenger rating or less.
Hey! That's a great idea! Just remember that turnabout is fair play. Next time I take an Uber ride and I don't get free water, candy, an iPhone 6 charger cable, complete control over the radio, complete control over the a/c, etc...I'll downrate the driver!

Seriously, that's petty, man.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Petty indeed. I road the other day as an Uber Pax, I was perfectly behaved, standing on the corner as she arrived. Pleasant conversation .. . yada yada. The fare was $6.77 and all I had on me was a $5 bill. I did end up giving her a $5 tip. So you are saying that if I didn't tip her . . or you that I would be given a 4 star rating? That is asinine.

The whole point of Uber is not having to have cash on you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like scotch is a troll. For everyone else, here is my rating decision method. 4 is the beginning mark. You gain a point via a tip, a high surge rate or a long trip. You lose a point for missing the pin drop by more than two blocks, not putting in the final designation, being drunk, leaving trash in my car, a minimum far ride, touching my radio or AC with asking me first.

·
Premium Member
8,949 Posts
Sounds like scotch is a troll. For everyone else, here is my rating decision method. 4 is the beginning mark. You gain a point via a tip, a high surge rate or a long trip. You lose a point for missing the pin drop by more than two blocks, not putting in the final designation, being drunk, leaving trash in my car, a minimum far ride, touching my radio or AC with asking me first.
Don't really care one way or the other but what difference does the pax rating make anyway? Do you have so many rides that you can afford to skip a call from a 4.5?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the problem uber customers. The standard rate is a complete joke. You should tip on these rides unless the car smells or is dirty or if the driver is rude! I mean do you tip your waitress, bartender, and your taxi cab driver? THEN TIP THE UBER DRIVER YOU FREAKING CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,949 Posts
I'm laughing because I've gotten to the point where occasionally I rate pax arbitrarily just like the pax rate us. All my selects get a 5, if you're nice you get a 5, but if I find you annoying you might get a 5 or a 3, who knows. If you hop out of the car and say 5 stars for you, that's the surest way to get a 1 or 2 star rating from me. Pick up a server last night and take him on a $10 trip, tells me he had a good night, 1 star for you. BUT, does any of it matter? Not really but it amuses me sometimes. Lyft matters more, I would give a 3 to any pax I never wanted to see again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
PAX ratings matter to me. If you are 15 minutes away and your rating if 4.6 and lower I may not come get you. If your rating is 4.6 and lower and you are a college kid, I might pass on you. These are just isolated examples..point be…use the passenger rating for your benefit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is my take on this, there are mostly 2 types of uber clients; IGNORANTS = those who think we make thousands of dollars per week; therefore don't tip, or those who knows the $#¡++y missery they pay for a fare and are SMART to do the math to find out we are slaves for pennies, but simply don't give a flying rat's @$$ about us; therefore don't tip.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If every rider's starting point was four stars and they didn't feel you went above and beyond you'd be out of a job

1 - 20 of 31 Posts