Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I recently applied for uber and received back my criminal record check and said it 'did not meet the minimum requirements'

I elected to have a u turn offence heard at court, an the officer changed it to three point turn but issued it direct as a court summons when he did that.

Long story short I have a u turn offence on my criminal record, not just my driving record.

Anyone had any experience with the criminal record process with uber? Will I be able to drive?

Any helps appreciated greatly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I literally just said why it was a criminal offence.

The police officer changed it from u-turn to 3 point turn after I'd already elected to have it heard at court. Only way he could change it was by dismissing the old case, and issue the new one directly as a court summons, therefore it's been done under criminal legislation. I've been to three different police stations today to get it sorted, and a lawyer. All have said the same thing when explaining it to me, and I have to apply to the court to have it annulled and explain the situation. Which lawyer said will cost $1500+ gst and take 6+ months.

So my question is, yes there is something on my criminal record, but it's not a criminal offence - how do I go about this with uber? I have all the relevant documents to show this is the case, can I have this accepted in the interim and be able to drive? Or is any criminal offence at all automatically deem you unable to drive?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts