Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a survey for Uber. I get the feeling Uber seriously considers adding a tipping feature just like Lyft. From the survey questions it seems they are still confused on how to do it and the company still has a "no tipping attitude", they only feel pressured to tackle the problem. If you get this survey, you know what to do. Tell them how you think with your responses.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
"Being Uber means tipping is neither required or expected."
This is a tag line for Uber Eats. They're doubling down on no tipping. Not even the delivery boy/girl.
It's up Travis's ass so far that tipping is a concession to servants who should just be grateful to have a "job." It could stem back from when the taxis passed him by in the rain in Paris. All drivers are the same to him. Greedy commodities who need to be controlled rather than rewarded. He feels so strongly about this, he thinks that everyone feels that way.
As evidenced by the Facebook Q and A, this new Jeff Jones was hired as a talking head. All his job seems to be is to tow the "party line."
On a side note, how ridiculous was that Facebook joke. When asked about driver's pay, he thinks the answer is stacked pings... More trips per hour at base rate... Oh, and the answer to low pool pay... display it differently on the payment statements.
So, we'll see. Maybe the in app tipping will just show up one day, probably not though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It is to little to late. First they have crupted the pax, now even if they add tip option, nobody will use it.
Lyft drivers can confirm that most uber customer doesnt tip, yes they tell us they will tip, but they do not.
Solution! Jack up the price by 20%. mention of tip or not is uber choice. So after uber commision, drivers will get approximately 15% gratuity in all markets.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It is to little to late. First they have crupted the pax, now even if they add tip option, nobody will use it.
Lyft drivers can confirm that most uber customer doesnt tip, yes they tell us they will tip, but they do not.
Solution! Jack up the price by 20%. mention of tip or not is uber choice. So after uber commision, drivers will get approximately 15% gratuity in all markets.
Many of my pax "say" they would tip if it was in app. I believe them mostly

·
Premium Member
11,712 Posts
Many of my pax "say" they would tip if it was in app. I believe them mostly
I believe none of them. They say something because they know they should tip. They knew they were taking an Uber. They knew they were saving money over taking a taxi that would have cost anywhere from twice as much to three times as much and then they would have tipped the taxi driver on top of that. They know we can't be making as much as that Taxi Driver hour for hour. They know they should tip us. They feel guilty about it, but not guilty enough to make sure they have even one or two dollars on them to give us. Imagine how much easier this job would be if each passenger just gave us $2 as a tip each ride. That's it. Not even good tips; just minimal tips each and every single ride. Cover your gas and then slightly more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.