Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of observations from this last week.

1) Ratings of Riders pushed into my que were significantly lower than rides I normally accepted. Canceling busts the opportunity to earn the bonus.

How many of you drove people you would not normally drive for the extra buck and change?

2) Uber got way too blatant in their attempt to rob me. 2:10 AM Sunday at 7th and Trinity with 2 rides in to the bonus hunt and I get a ping for a $2 surge ride at 7th and RedRock.

$2? Sunday 2:10AM and they expect a driver to swipe and except for the $5.50 bonus 3rd ride.

Hell No! I paused ride requests and look at the map. Deep Red and $13 Surge!

Drive smart people. Think about what you are being fed.

Am I complaining?

Not really. None of us have the right to complain. It is just Uber's business model to have mindless ants accepting whatever crumbs they lay in front of them.

Would it have been Uber robbing me of $7.50 had I accepted that 3rd ride for the bonus at $2?

Nope. I can't complain that they pay me what they tell me and what I accept now can I? None of us can.

Some of their expectations of what they feed drivers and expect drivers to swallow really indicates how little they think of ALL drivers.

Sad how right they can be though isn't it.

Stay aware of the time, level of business and check the app. Consecutive Trip Bonuses are NOT for the benefit of drivers.

2 Observations regarding the Uber promotions offering Consecutive Trip Bonuses (i.e. $XX for completing 3 rides without refusing, canceling or logging off.)

1) Ratings of Riders pushed into my que were significantly lower than rides I normally accepted. Watch your 2nd/3rd etc ride request that is fed to you. I do not believe it is random. Uber is counting on the mindless acceptance created when they dangle a couple of bucks in front of ants to keep the 4.3 to 4.75 rated PAXs moving.

How many of you drove people you would not normally drive for the extra buck and change recently?

2) Uber got way too blatant in their attempt to manipulate me Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. I have no doubt they did it with others as well.

2:10 AM Sunday (Saturday Night Crowd) at 7th and Trinity - 100+ riders flocking to this spot as clubs push them out the door at 2AM

With 2 rides logged in a 3 ride bonus chase I get a ping for a $2 surge ride at 7th and RedRock just 2 blocks in front of me. A corner JUST AS BUSY! WTF??? How dumb do they think I am?

$2 surge on a Sunday at 2:10AM and they expect a driver to swipe and accept for the $5.50 bonus chase. How many did exactly that?

No Way! I ignored the ping and paused the ride requests and then took a look at the map to confirm what I knew. Surge was a hell of a lot higher than $2 It was Deep Red with an $11-$13 Surge in the area at least 3/4 of a mile in any direction! Maybe they got me a time before but this one stood out way too much.

Drive SMART people. Think about what you are being fed.

Am I complaining? Venting and warning is what I'm trying to do.

None of us have the right to complain. It is just Uber's business model to have mindless ants accepting whatever crumbs they lay in front of them.

Would it have been Uber robbing me of $7.50 had I accepted that 3rd ride for the bonus at a $2 surge instead of $13?

Nope. We can't complain that they pay us what they tell us they will and that we accept less than is possible at times now can we? Nope.

Some of their expectations of what they feed drivers and expect drivers to swallow really indicates how little they think of ALL drivers.

Sad how right they can be though isn't it. So many blindlessly accept.

Stay aware of the time, level of business and check the app. Consecutive Trip Bonuses are NOT for the benefit of drivers.

Last question - When do you think we start to see deactivations resulting from being a smart driver?

"Hello Driver/Partner. It has come to our attention that you no longer blindlessly allow us manipulate you into accepting less than you could be making. Using the Driver App in a manner such as you do may maximize your earnings but it is NOT considerate of our need to earn more revenue therefor you have been permanently deactivated and this decision will not be reconsidered. "

·
Registered
383 Posts
A couple of observations from this last week.

1) Ratings of Riders pushed into my que were significantly lower than rides I normally accepted. Canceling busts the opportunity to earn the bonus.

How many of you drove people you would not normally drive for the extra buck and change?

2) Uber got way too blatant in their attempt to rob me. 2:10 AM Sunday at 7th and Trinity with 2 rides in to the bonus hunt and I get a ping for a $2 surge ride at 7th and RedRock.

$2? Sunday 2:10AM and they expect a driver to swipe and except for the $5.50 bonus 3rd ride.

Hell No! I paused ride requests and look at the map. Deep Red and $13 Surge!

Drive smart people. Think about what you are being fed.

Am I complaining?

Not really. None of us have the right to complain. It is just Uber's business model to have mindless ants accepting whatever crumbs they lay in front of them.

Would it have been Uber robbing me of $7.50 had I accepted that 3rd ride for the bonus at $2?

Nope. I can't complain that they pay me what they tell me and what I accept now can I? None of us can.

Sad how right they can be though isn't it.

2 Observations regarding the Uber promotions offering Consecutive Trip Bonuses (i.e. $XX for completing 3 rides without refusing, canceling or logging off.)

1) Ratings of Riders pushed into my que were significantly lower than rides I normally accepted. Watch your 2nd/3rd etc ride request that is fed to you. I do not believe it is random. Uber is counting on the mindless acceptance created when they dangle a couple of bucks in front of ants to keep the 4.3 to 4.75 rated PAXs moving.

How many of you drove people you would not normally drive for the extra buck and change recently?

2) Uber got way too blatant in their attempt to manipulate me Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. I have no doubt they did it with others as well.

2:10 AM Sunday (Saturday Night Crowd) at 7th and Trinity - 100+ riders flocking to this spot as clubs push them out the door at 2AM

With 2 rides logged in a 3 ride bonus chase I get a ping for a $2 surge ride at 7th and RedRock just 2 blocks in front of me. A corner JUST AS BUSY! WTF??? How dumb do they think I am?

$2 surge on a Sunday at 2:10AM and they expect a driver to swipe and accept for the $5.50 bonus chase. How many did exactly that?

No Way! I ignored the ping and paused the ride requests and then took a look at the map to confirm what I knew. Surge was a hell of a lot higher than $2 It was Deep Red with an $11-$13 Surge in the area at least 3/4 of a mile in any direction! Maybe they got me a time before but this one stood out way too much.

Drive SMART people. Think about what you are being fed.

Am I complaining? Venting and warning is what I'm trying to do.

None of us have the right to complain. It is just Uber's business model to have mindless ants accepting whatever crumbs they lay in front of them.

Would it have been Uber robbing me of $7.50 had I accepted that 3rd ride for the bonus at a $2 surge instead of $13?

Nope. We can't complain that they pay us what they tell us they will and that we accept less than is possible at times now can we? Nope.

Sad how right they can be though isn't it. So many blindlessly accept.

Last question - When do you think we start to see deactivations resulting from being a smart driver?

"Hello Driver/Partner. It has come to our attention that you no longer blindlessly allow us manipulate you into accepting less than you could be making. Using the Driver App in a manner such as you do may maximize your earnings but it is NOT considerate of our need to earn more revenue therefor you have been permanently deactivated and this decision will not be reconsidered. "
The smarts ones either quit, or get deactivated. Ho

·
Registered
383 Posts
tougher and tougher to make decent money
Yes it is, but there is another Rideshare company starting up, so additional choices mean they will have to work hard to maintain their rider base. It will never be good for drivers again. But Flyft and Fubar will never be around long term either. The gig economy is not loyal, which makes it fun for drivers, and a nightmare for Rideshare companies. ?????

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Yes it is, but there is another Rideshare company starting up, so additional choices mean they will have to work hard to maintain their rider base. It will never be good for drivers again. But Flyft and Fubar will never be around long term either. The gig economy is not loyal, which makes it fun for drivers, and a nightmare for Rideshare companies. ?????
When Uber & Lyft left Austin in May 2015 - we ended up getting 14 new rideshare companies. However, only 2 (RideAustin & Wingz) of those 14 are left standing now that Uber & Lyft are back. Currently, the Austin market is owned: Uber 70%, Lyft 20%, RideAustin 7%, Wingz 3%. And until any new rideshare contenders have both drivers & riders - they are doomed to fail. I drove for all 14 of the rideshare companies in 2015/2016 ... the only ones that had sufficient pax volume were: Fare, Fasten, GetMe, RideAustin, Wingz ... the rest were doomed from the beginning as they barely invested anything into growing their share of the market, so they didn't have either drivers or pax.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
For me lyft percentage was 40% before 11am. Zero percent after noon. Yea, i would get the occasional 19 minute pickup but i sure never accepted them. The further you stay away from UT or Riverside, the more accurate Ziggy's numbers are. Guys in suits going to the airport use Uber. Kids in apartments going 1.3 miles on a shared ride to walgreens use Lyft.
I MISS FASTEN!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.