Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These gig companies like to claim they believe in "transparency".

If that's the case, Uber Connect must be the ultimate example of that...

Destinations are hidden, pickups are hidden, cargo info is hidden, and pay rates are of the black box variety.

If that's an example of what Uber considers to be "transparency", just imagine what they consider to be opaque.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
These gig companies like to claim they believe in "transparency".

If that's the case, Uber Connect must be the ultimate example of that...

Destinations are hidden, pickups are hidden, cargo info is hidden, and pay rates are of the black box variety.

If that's an example of what Uber considers to be "transparency", just imagine what they consider to be opaque.
They pay about 10% more than a pax here.
Most of the time it's an auto part or someones keys
People are always toes to the curb on both ends

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Connect pays crap in my area, 52 cents a mile if I recall correctly. I love doing them, less hassle, can get gas, etc... Used to keep connect on all the time to stay logged in and collect sticky surge but sticky seems to be broken now so connect is only good for allowing me to reposition without going offline during a consecutive ride bonus.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Connect pays crap in my area, 52 cents a mile if I recall correctly. I love doing them, less hassle, can get gas, etc... Used to keep connect on all the time to stay logged in and collect sticky surge but sticky seems to be broken now so connect is only good for allowing me to reposition without going offline during a consecutive ride bonus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the only connect ride I have ever gotten was someone who couldn't find an uberx at 4 in the morning so he choose connect since I was in the area and turned off x to use the restroom. I run a tablet in the car so instead of taking the tablet with me to the can I just drop down to connect only so I don't screw my consecutive trips bonus. Just as I got back in the car the ping came through. It pays slightly less per mile in Orlando than uberx but has a higher minimum fare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts