Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night around 130 I get a ride request at the airport. I arrived, after 5 minutes no one shows up. Then I get a message “wait an additional 4 minutes and get $1.54 extra” so I decided to wait the four minutes and no one showed up so I cancelled and got the extra $1.54 (whopping deal, I’m rich now) but anyways when I checked the ride details, the trip was requested at “11:30 pm” which leads me to believe it was Uber trying testing something out because there’s no way someone waited two hours while the app was searching for a ride.
Anyways I wonder if this is something that’s coming to all pick ups everywhere or just at the airport…will be interesting to see

Font Gadget Screenshot Electric blue Electronic device

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
But if they showed up, that extra $1.54 goes away since it says "+$1.54 cancel fee"?
True but you would still get 21 cents a minute for extra wait time

it is a bit of a gamble if you look at it this way but like It says you don’t have to wait, you can cancel and collect the normal cancel fee

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
Then you're back to 12.60 an hour. I'd stick around and take the extra if I knew for sure they're not showing up, like if they texted "cancel. I took a taxi".
For me the deciding factor would be where I am and if it’s surging. Airport late at night id probably do the regular cancel and not wait. If you leave there it’s a ***** to get back in. If I was somewhere like Flamingo Harrahs or Linq where I know I’ll get another ride right away, if it’s surging I’ll do regular cancel. If it’s not I’d probably wait and collect an extra $2

·
Registered
134 Posts
For me the deciding factor would be where I am and if it’s surging. Airport late at night id probably do the regular cancel and not wait. If you leave there it’s a * to get back in. If I was somewhere like Flamingo Harrahs or Linq where I know I’ll get another ride right away, if it’s surging I’ll do regular cancel. If it’s not I’d probably wait and collect an extra $2
Obviously they are many factors in deciding to wait or cancel.

·
Premium Member
10,653 Posts
I would think that in most cases you would want to collect and move on asap. It doesn't make sense to me to wait 9 minutes for someone unless they've arranged it with you and cash is involved. Anyone who would keep you waiting for 9 minutes is not going to be a model pax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts