Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Video, Uber CEO Argues With Driver Over Falling Fares
The footage, which was obtained by Bloomberg, shows Kalanick yelling 'bulls***' as the driver, Fawzi Kamel, accused him for 'bankrupting' him by lowering the 'prices' of black car rides, the company's high end chauffeur service.

'Bulls***!' Embattled Uber CEO Travis Kalanick is caught on camera lashing out at one of his own drivers who told him no one in the company trusts him
  • Travis Kalanick was filmed arguing with an Uber driver in San Francisco
  • He shouted 'bulls***' as the driver accused him of lowering the price of rides
  • 'I'm bankrupt because of you!' driver Fawzi Kamel fumed at the end of journey
  • Kalanick shot back: 'Some people don't like to take responsibility for their own s***'
  • On Tuesday he told staff he was 'ashamed' of the video in a memo and admitted he needed 'leadership help'
  • It adds to a growing list of scandals which have been plaguing the company
  • Uber is being sued by Silicon Valley rival Google for stealing its self-driving car technology
  • Female employees have aired allegations of widespread sexual harassment
  • The company is also battling claims that homophobia and racism are rampant
  • Kalanick has called in former US Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate the misconduct allegations
Uber CEO :- 'You know what, some people don't like to take responsibility for their own s***.

A video of the Silicon Valley titan lashing out at a driver who confronted him during a ride on Super Bowl Sunday emerged on Tuesday.

The footage, which was obtained by Bloomberg, shows Kalanick yelling 'bulls***' as the driver, Fawzi Kamel, accused him for 'bankrupting' him by lowering the 'prices' of black car rides, the company's high end chauffeur service.

'You know what, some people don't like to take responsibility for their own s***.

'They blame everything in their life on somebody else. Good luck,' he barked at the driver before jumping out of the car.

Kalinack said he was 'ashamed' of the video on Tuesday in a memo issued to staff.

Read more:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4269350/Uber-CEO-Travis-Kalanick-lashes-driver-video.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ber-ceo-argues-with-driver-over-falling-fares

Conversation Bits and pieces between Uber driver and Uber CEO...

Then Kamel (Driver) says what every driver has been dying to tell Kalanick (CEO): -

Kamel :- "You're raising the standards, and you're dropping the prices."

Kamel: "Competitors? Man, you had the business model in your hands. You could have the prices you want, but you choose to buy everybody a ride."

Kamel: "But people are not trusting you anymore. … I lost $97,000 because of you. I'm bankrupt because of you. Yes, yes, yes. You keep changing every day. You keep changing every day."

Kamel: "We started with $20."

Kalanick: "Bullshit."

Kamel: "We started with $20. How much is the mile now, $2.75?"

Kalanick: "You know what?"

Kamel: "What?"

Kalanick: "Some people don't like to take responsibility for their own shit. They blame everything in their life on somebody else. Good luck!"

Kamel: "Good luck to you, but I know [you're not] going to go far."

The door slams. Kamel drives away. Later, the Uber driver app prompts him to rate Kalanick, as he does all his riders. Kamel gives him one star.;);););)

·
Registered
1 Posts
No. 1 this morning on YouTube's "Trending" chart.

The YouTube version of Bloomberg's Kalanick-Kamel face-off, by the way, is No. 1 this morning on YouTube's "Trending" chart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
News have reported Traveis sent out emails to all his employees apologizing for his behavior towards the Uber driver.
The number of email sent out by Travis to Uber Drivers = Zero..
This mean Uber Drivers are expandable so no apology required for Uber Driver...
Media will not cover how Uber Driver's are struggling

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I gotta say, I respect the fact the the CEO was actually talking to the driver, i wouldnt expect the CEO to be willing to have a conversation with a driver, the driver raised his voice to quick he should have remained calm, even though the driver is right, he ruined it for all other drivers that would attempt to talk to Travis, now Travis will keep convo small or not say anything and play political correctness, don't like Travis decisions but I have to appreciate the fact that he was willing to go into a conversation with a driver

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I gotta say, I respect the fact the the CEO was actually talking to the driver, i wouldnt expect the CEO to be willing to have a conversation with a driver, the driver raised his voice to quick he should have remained calm, even though the driver is right, he ruined it for all other drivers that would attempt to talk to Travis, now Travis will keep convo small or not say anything and play political correctness, don't like Travis decisions but I have to appreciate the fact that he was willing to go into a conversation with a driver
And you think he will ever again use the app?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Of ALL the negative press Uber is getting, this ONE story has reached the farthest into the public psyche. What could ole' Travis been thinking??? He didn't notice that this driver had a car cam under his rearview mirror? In any case, this only reinforced every negative impression I've gained Travis in my nearly 2 years of driving for Uber.... that he's a two-bit scumbag. He should have taken the driver's advice and shut his pie-hole.... nobody would have been worse for the wise.... This pimp really does think his drivers are pure scum and the actions of his company clearly reflects that attitude... No doubt too his attitude toward his female employees, even those in his upper echelon. The word for Travis is ..... douchbag!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts