Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I posted yesterday asking if The Rohit could mark a drivers account who complained a lot. Looks like Uber can manipulate a drivers account anyway they want. New drivers getting pings like crazy and good paying trips. Drivers who have been on the platform for months and just complained about a low UberPool payout gets the FU and no pings or bad trips while working the same area

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I have absolute proof of this since I have 2 active Uber driver accounts. One always gets ping before the other one. If I let it go on first phone the second phone then gets the ping. Every time, not the other way around.

·
Registered
184 Posts
How have you managed to have 2 accounts?

Is there any other company in the world with a lower moral compass? I'm sure Uber had algorithms to give drivers lower paying runs if they're driving for both Uber and lyft.

I hope Lyft sues the heck out of Uber. Uber sucks!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/08/uber-federal-investigation-hell-program/
The article says Uber used the snooping to entice drivers away from Lyft. I've started driving Lyft because of the lack of pings from Uber, so there's something wrong here.

Guess its time to start saying "I love UBer" on those impromptu surveys that pop up on the app.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
I have absolute proof of this since I have 2 active Uber driver accounts. One always gets ping before the other one. If I let it go on first phone the second phone then gets the ping. Every time, not the other way around.
Double shot shuffling on both platform would be a veritable religious experience.

·
Registered
448 Posts
All that may be true but I believe that Uber/Lyft might be trying to discourage all the veteran drivers whose accounts still fall under the 20/80% split to fade out into the mist while they continue to thrive from the current 25-30% drivers. My guess would be that in January all new drivers will be splitting the pot at about 30-35%.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
All that may be true but I believe that Uber/Lyft might be trying to discourage all the veteran drivers whose accounts still fall under the 20/80% split to fade out into the mist while they continue to thrive from the current 25-30% drivers. My guess would be that in January all new drivers will be splitting the pot at about 30-35%.
It's already ongoing, upfront pricing IN OUR FACE

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
If this was true they would of just raised the 20 percenters to 25. I think they just have more data on longtimers driving habits?

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Sky Font Darkness Electric blue Midnight
Sky Font Midnight Electric blue Darkness
How is that possible?
Back in 2014 Uber had distinctive areas where you could drive. I started with DC driver account 3 years ago, then when I wanted to work Camden Yards in the summer when it surged after the game (they were playoff-bound) frequently, Uber said I had to get a second Baltimore account with identical documents. If you tried to log on with the wrong account you got the error message "You are not authorized to drive in (insert city)" and logged off. There was no Annapolis, Ocean City, Columbia, or the rest of Maryland. If you took a trip to BWI from DC it was $85.00 flat-rate and worth it.

Enough of me being an old fart reminiscing about the good old days when making $40 per hour on Friday and Saturday nights were the norm.

·
Registered
184 Posts
View attachment 156373 View attachment 156374

Back in 2014 Uber had distinctive areas where you could drive. I started with DC driver account 3 years ago, then when I wanted to work Camden Yards in the summer when it surged after the game (they were playoff-bound) frequently, Uber said I had to get a second Baltimore account with identical documents. If you tried to log on with the wrong account you got the error message "You are not authorized to drive in (insert city)" and logged off. There was no Annapolis, Ocean City, Columbia, or the rest of Maryland. If you took a trip to BWI from DC it was $85.00 flat-rate and worth it.

Enough of me being an old fart reminiscing about the good old days when making $40 per hour on Friday and Saturday nights were the norm.
Ah so you're a veteran driver

Anyway, in the end, it really depends on if you get lucky and they give you the pings. Spent all of friday driving lyft, but did a little ubering in the middle. Of course, doing uber, I get the idiot who gets sick in my car. He had the nerve to empty the vomit bag outside then put the bag back in the seat pocket. I'm liking Lyft pax more and more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.