Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this happens because other drivers have complained about it also. No true evidence, but we're not stupid Uber.

When a ping comes in and it instantly gets cancelled, which also happens to be conveniently going the direction your DF is set.
Uber is playing games

When over the past 2 weeks you've been getting low rated pax only going a mile or 2; in an area you know from years of experience yield longer rides.
Uber is playing games

When you're a few rides from completing the Quest; you start getting a bunch of cancels and some how by magic the ride that finally sticks sends you to Irvine.
Uber is playing games

Maybe it is time to delete Uber.

I forgot to mention profitability. If Uber can't profit as much from you, because you take a tip route. Uber will restrict your pings.
Uber is playing games

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
I know this happens because other drivers have complained about it also. No true evidence, but we're not stupid Uber.

When a ping comes in and it instantly gets cancelled, which also happens to be conveniently going the direction your DF is set.
Uber is playing games

When over the past 2 weeks you've been getting low rated pax only going a mile or 2; in an area you know from years of experience yield longer rides.
Uber is playing games

When you're a few rides from completing the Quest; you start getting a bunch of cancels and some how by magic the ride that finally sticks sends you to Irvine.
Uber is playing games

When you're in higher boost zone pings come from much lower next zone,boost multiplayer " conveniently " not showing

Font Circle Slope Parallel Diagram

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
Without a doubt Uber filters pings. I thought this was pretty much a given piece of information. When Uber had decent guarantees I would have to sit for hours waiting for pings that would trickle in. Clearly being forced to stay out the full 6-8 hours to get the required amount of Trips. But any time I was not on any type of guarantee the pings would come right & left.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
In response to getting more low rated pax and they're going only 1-2 miles. This happens to me too in those well known areas.

But I think the rider demographic has changed. Lots have changed in a matter of 2 years.

Cheap a$$ ppl coming out of nowhere to ditch their vehicles to ride in someone else's car for $3.99 a ride as long as u stay in LA.

These people have completely sold their cars and gambling Uber will be less or same expense as having a car in the driveway.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In response to getting more low rated pax and they're going only 1-2 miles. This happens to me too in those well known areas.

But I think the rider demographic has changed. Lots have changed in a matter of 2 years.

Cheap a$$ ppl coming out of nowhere to ditch their vehicles to ride in someone else's car for $3.99 a ride as long as u stay in LA.

These people have completely sold their cars and gambling Uber will be less or same expense as having a car in the driveway.
True, but when I check pax app and there's 3-5 cars closer on the way; Something else is up.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention profitability. If Uber can't profit as much from you, because you take a tip route. Uber will restrict your pings.
Uber is playing games

·
Premium Member
14,303 Posts

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games
I've noticed with the quest rides, if my acceptance rate is at 100%, and I don't accept 1 ride, Uber will take my acceptance rate down to 93%. That's a lot for not accepting 1 run.

I've also noticed, when my acceptance rate is in the toilet, Uber will add 1% for every 2 or 3 rides that I complete. I end up having to do a lot more rides, if I want to qualify for the quest. I normally, say forget it, and go home.

My cancellation rate is always high, and I've noticed Uber only takes my cancellation percentage down 1%, if I do 2 trips.

Uber, is playing so many games to keep drivers out there working.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games

Uber is playing games
This year I stopped driving Uber, I'd just realized it was a losing proposition full time. But then on Saturday I decided to go for the do 20 rides for $50 incentive. EVERY single ride except one was 15 miles or over. Now, of course, I'm not complaining about that. That was great for me. But...back when I was Uber'ing a lot I would constantly get the crappy rides. I'm absolutely sure there is an algorithm than gives drivers who don't drive as much better opportunities, and punishes those who actually need it most. It's quite disgusting actually.

·
Premium Member
14,303 Posts
They have been killing me too. Every airport ping is a shorty, I have given out 10 1 stars already in 2 days. Which I'm sure isnt helping me out.
What about, when you're in the queue 1-10 cars, and Uber sends you 2 pings to pick up at 6100 Century Blvd? Then, you get a time-out.

Also, Uber will send me a base fare ping to pick up at a terminal, when it's surging at 2x. I'm just sick of it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did you know, that sometimes this kind of thing happens in any area of life. It's called having a sh---y day. Sometimes there's no one to blame, you just keep on drawing the short straw, one after the other.

Sometimes not everything is a conspiracy. For instance, keep on getting base pool pings when you are trying to catch a nice surge ride? Clearly, Uber must just be messing with you, and trying to destroy your acceptance rate. But in reality, a bunch of drivers are all ignoring that pool ping trying to get a surge ride, so that pool ping gets bounced around to a ton of drivers because nobody wants to accept it. Yep, even ants will ignore pool pings if they see a lot of red.

Making false assumptions when you can't confirm the facts will distort your view of reality. I've felt like Uber was messing with me before, but after thinking about it there is usually a simpler explanation. So many variables and as a driver you are at the mercy of them all.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you know, that sometimes this kind of thing happens in any area of life. It's called having a sh---y day. Sometimes there's no one to blame, you just keep on drawing the short straw, one after the other.

Sometimes not everything is a conspiracy. For instance, keep on getting base pool pings when you are trying to catch a nice surge ride? Clearly, Uber must just be messing with you, and trying to destroy your acceptance rate. But in reality, a bunch of drivers are all ignoring that pool ping trying to get a surge ride, so that pool ping gets bounced around to a ton of drivers because nobody wants to accept it. Yep, even ants will ignore pool pings if they see a lot of red.

Making false assumptions when you can't confirm the facts will distort your view of reality. I've felt like Uber was messing with me before, but after thinking about it there is usually a simpler explanation. So many variables and as a driver you are at the mercy of them all.
Science is based off of observation and documentation, not facts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts