Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Just been doing UE lately, yesterday I was in a 1.3 boost zone. Had a relatively close pick up and drop off. There was a nice tip included so I accepted. After the trip and before the tip posted I wanted to check on how much the boost actually paid. $2.50 has been my base fare since starting UE. This trip the base was $2.06 with the promotion paying $.44. Just does not seem right to me. BTW, they customer ended up tipping double!!

Attachments

· Premium Member
11,261 Posts
Boost and surge are pretty much irrelevant. All that matters is the upfront fare. They can add surge and subtract from the fare, same with boost. So, you have to look at the total and decide to accept or pass. The only thing surge is good for is to tell you when it's busy and how much you should be expecting for the ping.

· Registered
442 Posts
All boost is a dollar out of your pocket and they hand you back .75 cents … if this gig paid a decent rate you would need a boost. Since it doesn’t they market it to you as something good. Any bonus or quest or any bring is not in your favor.

· Premium Member
2,697 Posts
The best you can do at this point is try to keep the trips to $1/mile on regular trips, then when it is Boost time do the shortest trips possible and as many as you can to accumulate the Boost money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts