Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a $5 payment for rider referral today. I had gone to the trouble of printing cards and I leave them in the door handle recess and hand them out where I can.

But $5 seems like a low payout. Is it based on the length of the trip the first timer took with the code? First time code is $20 so what is bonus based on?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The rider referral is typically 100.00 and is paid all in one lump sum after the referred person completes 10 Uber trips (of any length).

Right now Uber is promoting that it is 175.00 for the referral fee but the referred must complete the 10 trips by Mid October.

The 20.00 code is a promotion for Uber Riders not drivers. They get 20.00 worth of Taxi service for free.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Right now Uber is promoting that it is 175.00 for the referral fee but the referred must complete the 10 trips by Mid October.
I smell desperation. My guess is that allot of drivers are throwing in the towel/not driving as much these days, and there's not allot of new drivers jumping in to take up the slack. Über is NOT a magnamius company. They wouldn't be offering extra unless they thought it was really necessary.

Reactions: biozon

·
Registered
518 Posts
The rider referral is typically 100.00 and is paid all in one lump sum after the referred person completes 10 Uber trips (of any length).

The 20.00 code is a promotion for Uber Riders not drivers. They get 20.00 worth of Taxi service for free.
I'm only being offered $125 for a driver sign up. Wonder why others are being offered $175.

·
4,748 Posts
$5 is the standard rider referral. It doesn't matter how much their ride costs. I've handed out hundreds of cards with my referral code and have $10 to show for it.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Saw a $5 payment for rider referral today. But $5 seems like a low payout.
Exactly, it's not worth it. I'm not giving away my driver codes. I give away rider codes. Those give you 20$ free ride, that's much more value for a referral.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts