Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"These are substantially old numbers that do not reflect business activities today," Uber spokeswoman Nairi Hourdajian said in an e-mail. Hourdajian declined to say why the numbers are being used to promote a current funding round.

Yeah sure, Nairi!
(@NairiHourdaj): https://twitter.com/NairiHourdaj?s=09

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Kalanick is an expert at negotiating with investors. This isn't his first rodeo. There's an old saying that goes something like, "other people are on a 'need to know' basis and they don't need to know squat". He's only sharing what he wants to share. And regardless of what we think, whatever it is he is doing..... it's working for him, and Uber.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Besides those figures are not pure operating costs. I'm sure there are many Uber operational costs that will disappear if Uber is viable.
For Example:
1. Lobbyists for Legislation
2. Bail for European Uber Execs
3. Driving Subsidies for Moonlighting Miami Dolphin players doing Uber PR
4. Overtime Pay for Uber Area Mgrs on UPFN in off hours
5. Attorneys, Fines & Impound Charges
:oops:
chi1cabby what am I missing?
If they stopped bleeding money everywhere they are trying to operate illegally, they'd be a money-printing machine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If those kind of losses are true and investors are still investing tons of cash then it would seem evident that Uber and investors see the potential. Seems to me they are willing to operate at a loss because they are just perfecting the system and figuring out all the bugs by using people as their drivers, all the while looking to the future of unmanned vehicles. They know that once the system is in place and mastered that adding the unmanned vehicles will integrated relatively easily. Without paying drivers that company would be RIDICULOUSLY profitable. They have already announced this intention and are probably just counting the days.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If those kind of losses are true and investors are still investing tons of cash then it would seem evident that Uber and investors see the potential. Seems to me they are willing to operate at a loss because they are just perfecting the system and figuring out all the bugs by using people as their drivers, all the while looking to the future of unmanned vehicles. They know that once the system is in place and mastered that adding the unmanned vehicles will integrated relatively easily. Without paying drivers that company would be RIDICULOUSLY profitable. They have already announced this intention and are probably just counting the days.
Uh have you seen what they're doing to Uber in France lately?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes i have. And that's kind of what I'm saying. They know they need to spend the money now to get the system in place and respected and properly governed in as many places as possible because when the unmanned vehicles do roll out it be that much more profitable depending on how many places have it.
seems to me they will do whatever it takes to invest for the future of the company, which i believe to be automated delivery of any thing you can think of.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes i have. And that's kind of what I'm saying. They know they need to spend the money now to get the system in place and respected and properly governed in as many places as possible because when the unmanned vehicles do roll out it be that much more profitable depending on how many places have it.
seems to me they will do whatever it takes to invest for the future of the company, which i believe to be automated delivery of any thing you can think of.
Right but you mean when GUber rolls out after Google buys Uber!

·
Registered
19 Posts
They wouldn't be very smart to sell to anyone with the potential that they have. They could easily be way bigger then Google in 5 years or so

·
Registered
19 Posts
Think of the profits when you don't have to pay a driver. They could lower prices by 50% and still be making 150% more then they were. Those vehicles would pay themselves off crazy fast, and they would know exactly how many were working at a given moment thus reducing the need for "surge". Uber is definitely going somewhere with this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol i mean i can understand the distaste for the company. They are seemingly just using people to get their system in place, not giving then any information on their intentions, and then just gonna do away with them at the end and they won't have to do anything more because we are all independent contractors. Not to mention completely up ending taxi and transport companies across the globe. I definitely get it. Thats capitalism for you.

·
Super Moderator
16,084 Posts
You guys have to remember one thing, Uber is an app that has a market to itself at the moment.

This market will not be theirs alone for long. Everyone and their grandmothers will jump in.

Barriers to entry will be low, the regulations set and people will be more comfortable with not owning their car.

Google, Apple, Tesla, Auto manufacturers, insurance companies, investors, taxi companies, cities and counties, even airlines will jump in and fracture this market into smaller pieces.

Uber could just build up a market that will be whittled away by others.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
You guys have to remember one thing, Uber is an app that has a market to itself at the moment.

This market will not be theirs alone for long. Everyone and their grandmothers will jump in.

Barriers to entry will be low, the regulations set and people will be more comfortable with not owning their car.

Google, Apple, Tesla, Auto manufacturers, insurance companies, investors, taxi companies, cities and counties, even airlines will jump in and fracture this market into smaller pieces.

Uber could just build up a market that will be whittled away by others.
If it's worth doing, others will think it's worth copying! :)

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 156 Posts