Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wanted to know what is the procedure to obtain a HC plate and what are the costs involved in NSW. My vehicle qualifies but I need HC plates.. tried asking uber in 15 different ways but I feel like I am speaking to a computer with the generic replies.. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Hi I just wanted to know what is the procedure to obtain a HC plate and what are the costs involved in NSW. My vehicle qualifies but I need HC plates.. tried asking uber in 15 different ways but I feel like I am speaking to a computer with the generic replies.. thanks in advance
UBERonNoff you can only buy them if you buy the Pty Ltd structure if they are owned that way, most likely you'll lease them 'under management' is the term RMS refers it, until 30th June 2020

What is your expectation of $$ cost ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made some enquiries people are asking around $500 a week to rent them. Wouldn't have a clue what they are worth... wasn't prepared to purchase them anyway I thought you could apply through the RMS and they would issue them.. I now know that's not the case.. will stay on uber x platform.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I made some enquiries people are asking around $500 a week to rent them. Wouldn't have a clue what they are worth... wasn't prepared to purchase them anyway I thought you could apply through the RMS and they would issue them.. I now know that's not the case.. will stay on uber x platform.
What is your vehicle model and year ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mate if you have the car I would look in to it. You can tax deduct them and depending how you have set your self up get the gst back straight away if you buy them. Plus gives you a chance to advertise as a hire car and obtain your own customers plus access to bus and transit lanes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Prestige Bears Mercedes E250. 2011.

Hi Numb,
Appreciate your advice but unfortunately not in a position financially to buy the plates and I'm worried about renting at $500 a week. Do you know anyone that drives uber Black? I don't know that they would be as busy as uber x. I wouldn't have a clue..

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
You cannot buy HC plates in NSW. All existing HC plates are rent free for 3 more years...after which must be returned to the government.
HC plates cannot be transferred to another person....they must be handed back to the government.
You may still be able to rent a HC plate from an existing holder.
For further information contact the RMS.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
You cannot buy HC plates in NSW. All existing HC plates are rent free for 3 more years...after which must be returned to the government.
HC plates cannot be transferred to another person....they must be handed back to the government.
You may still be able to rent a HC plate from an existing holder.
For further information contact the RMS.
whyuber thats not 100% correct, you can still buy HC plates if they are owned by pty ltd entity, you buy the company and plates are an asset of it which you've purchased or as you said leased under management if plates are owned by an individual

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
whyuber thats not 100% correct, you can still buy HC plates if they are owned by pty ltd entity, you buy the company and plates are an asset of it which you've purchased or as you said leased under management if plates are owned by an individual
Yes I know what you are saying is correct...but no one will buy the company with plate/s...because they have to be handed back to the government in December 2019

1 - 11 of 11 Posts