Uber Drivers Forum banner

TESLA for UBER BLACK in NJ/NYC?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a car and make the most money. So I am thinking of getting a new Tesla Model S with NJ-OL plates and NYC TLC. I never drove before, do you think this is a good idea or crazy? And how much money does UBER BLACK pay in NY/NJ?

Do you know of anyone using a TESLA in NYC/NJ???

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
1) do you have an understanding of how difficult it is to get OL plates.

2) you can't have NJ OL plates and be TLC.

3) you are going to have range anxiety because of the lack of knowing destination and the distance from closest supercharger.

4) if you have enough money to afford a tesla without driving for Uber you don't need to drive for Uber.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
New jersey Uber X rates is $1.10 per mile. All Uber Black are forced to take Uber X calls, I investigated this matter and learn that. I also wanted to do Uber Black. They (Uber) told me that they do not allow Uber black calls only, or give options to witch back and forth as they used to. So older Black car drivers have option to choose. Now all new Uber Black drivers have to take Uber X calls or their acceptance rate will fall below the threshold, necessary to be activated, So have fun. You will be driving your expansive car for $1.10/mile most of the time, since 85% of calls are for Uber X. You will destroy your 70 k car before you recover your initial investment. :mad:

Some drivers were complaining about this forced requests. once you lease it or bought the car, you can not return it to the dealership or bank. It is yours to keep and pay payments on time or destroy your credit. Enjoy. Do not tell us, we did not warn you.:)
Is it a great idea or crazy? you decide.:p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice Bitcoin avatar. On the real though, everyone here is right. If you're doing this for the money, just steer clear. If you were planning on getting a Tesla anyways, and want to give Uber a try(not for the money but for the "experience"), by all means go for it. You'll be the coolest Uber ride in town.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never drove before and want to make the most money.
From everything I read here and everyone I speak to the best opportunity to make money get a Black Car or SUV with a base that sends me corporate clients. So I am going to start talking to them because every driver I speak to with a SUV sitting in front of a hotel does not use UBER, they say they make great money with a base.

And what black car would work with UBER when they force you to accept UBERX and people who order UBER BLACK cancel when you arrive in a car and not the SUV they really want.

The point is I want to make the most money, having the best car does not seem to make any difference driving with UBER.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
i never drove before and want to make the most money.
From everything I read here and everyone I speak to the best opportunity to make money get a Black Car or SUV with a base that sends me corporate clients. So I am going to start talking to them because every driver I speak to with a SUV sitting in front of a hotel does not use UBER, they say they make great money with a base.

And what black car would work with UBER when they force you to accept UBERX and people who order UBER BLACK cancel when you arrive in a car and not the SUV they really want.

The point is I want to make the most money, having the best car does not seem to make any difference driving with UBER.
Then you want to work for a black car service. But a Tesla is not good for Uber right now because of the distance to the SuperChargers.

The other problem working for a black car service is that 1) you need to work THEIR shifts and 2) most of them are not going to allow you to bring YOUR car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided to not get a tesla, thanks for your advice!
I read here that if I have a black car I am forced to take UBERX rides as a new driver: but many existing black car drivers can choose to only take black car rides, it this true?

·
Banned
821 Posts
There was a woman last year who operated a Tesla as an Uber in Bergen County, but it was being done under UberX. She was based out of Haledon/North Haledon area. Not sure if she drives anymore and her time in the area was pre-price cuts. I think Falcon is not a "New Member". It seems like he is back telling us how Black car drivers have to take UberX. Maybe, maybe not, but the vast majority of us here are UberX drivers and driving whatever we can drive...nevermind the Suburban or MKT.

When I go on the passenger app, m.uber.com, and switch back/forth I do not see one BlackCar/SUV which is doubling as an UberX vehicle in NJ.

Before you post here, think. The people who come here are not newbies. Im over a year into this and many here have been here a while too. So telling us about UberX/Black or whatever nonsense or coming on here to protest is stupid. We all here are established drivers and what you going to prove to us?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I decided to not get a tesla, thanks for your advice!
I read here that if I have a black car I am forced to take UBERX rides as a new driver: but many existing black car drivers can choose to only take black car rides, it this true?
Yes, best of my knowledge, as of today. That was the exact reason for strike in Dallas. SUV drivers were forced to take uberx calls and provide service at .80/mile net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts