Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey uber, can we please raise the base rate or set a spending minimum of $5-$6 for these mini trips??? I know there a good and bad days but I should be able to at least make minimum wage on a bad day. Just tonight I had two trips in one hr and made $4.40, total, for that hour. The first pax had me take him to the corner store and back... when I got the request I was 7 min away in the time it took for him to request a ride and wait for me to arrive he seriously could have walked there and back, I'm not exaggerating. But hey why bother using your legs to walk when u can be chauffeured for $2.00 p.s. been online for over a little 2 hrs. And made 4.40

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Min fare in Houston is $5.10. U get $2.20 if your a 28% driver after ubers cut.
My math isn't so great but $2.20 is not 72% pay out for $5.10. Besides I checked my trip history it was like 3.05 before uber took the cut. However, you do have me thinking... if min fare limits do exist it may be for Houston only and not apply in the suburb areas... I was out near spring/woodland area.

· Registered
15,929 Posts
My math isn't so great but $2.20 is not 72% pay out for $5.10. Besides I checked my trip history it was like 3.05 before uber took the cut. However, you do have me thinking... if min fare limits do exist it may be for Houston only and not apply in the suburb areas... I was out near spring/woodland area.
$5.00 fare plus 2% city tax is $5.10. If you pick up outside the city limits the minimum fare is $5. This is what the pax pays.

So, fare is $5. Uber takes $1.95 off the top for...something.

Then you get 72% of what's left, which is $2.20. The $3.05 you're seeing is not including the $1.95 Uber took BEFORE also taking their 28%, which is part of the pax fare. Uber uses the term fare in different ways btw.

The shorter the trip, the bigger the % Uber gets. It is NEVER 72%, it is always more. Or 80% if you're an older driver.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$5.00 fare plus 2% city tax is $5.10. If you pick up outside the city limits the minimum fare is $5. This is what the pax pays.

So, fare is $5. Uber takes $1.95 off the top for...something.

Then you get 72% of what's left, which is $2.20. The $3.05 you're seeing is not including the $1.95 Uber took BEFORE also taking their 28%, which is part of the pax fare. Uber uses the term fare in different ways btw.

The shorter the trip, the bigger the % Uber gets. It is NEVER 72%, it is always more. Or 80% if you're an older driver.
You're right! I just learned today the uber takes out a booking fee of 1.95 this does not show up on my driver app when calculating my pay. This whole time I seriously thought uber was charging $3 to the customer. 28% cut my @55! So uber cut is more like 35%-55%.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Yep. Short trips are a killer. Uber makes out well no matter what but that's a huge chunk out of the min. fare rides.

· Registered
15,929 Posts
You're right! I just learned today the uber takes out a booking fee of 1.95 this does not show up on my driver app when calculating my pay. This whole time I seriously thought uber was charging $3 to the customer. 28% cut my @55! So uber cut is more like 35%-55%.
And the pax all think you're getting 80% of whatever they paid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.