Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,425 Posts
Drop and drive! I don't mind a stop if the ride is good or it's a tweener time. I drop at the door and tell them to text me when ready. then I go drive around the block.
Screenshot_20191102-231843_Lyft Driver.jpg

No tip from this young military couple being deployed to Japan, but I made the most of this grocery store stop.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Are you sure? I believe you are mistaken.
I think the poster might be mixing up "end ride" which does pay out all associated mileage and time, with a cancellation, in which the driver will not be compensated for any investment.

I've cancelled Lyft multi-stops at the first stop, and the pax couldn't downrate. However, I also got no money for the trip because it was a cancel. With Uber, I suspect you can end the ride at the first stop, and still get your payment up to that point...but the pax will be able to rate, since you completed the stop.

What's the problem with finding another driver? Lazy, I guess.

One stop, or GTFO.
Two problems here...

1) Uber and Lyft want to be all things to all people, and we drivers are the ones tasked to deliver that experience for below-minimum-wage compensation.

2) Uber and Lyft do not have enough drivers (see #1 above for cause) to assure a pax at Dollar Tree could quickly find another available driver to get back home. So, the rideshare companies have decided we should just wait for them. Who cares about the 20 other pax still waiting for a pickup. LaShonda has to pick up some $1 cookies to feed her kids. It's not easy stretching that EBT card these days.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I once had a pax that had a stop that turned out to be at least 20 miins while he rapped with Shenequia in da store. I wanted to drive off but I had picked him up at the airport and had a trunk full of luggage. No tip. of course.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Yeah all this started because you asked uber and Uber listen and uber gave it to you. what I learned now and what I do now is 2 go offline and keep the meter running when they don't know how to change it. which we should have done in the first place, you actually lose money compared to it being a single run. I would tell them you will have to read request me again after the first drop off because they wanted to go somewhere else after that dropoff.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
After the first stop, while the pax goes into the store, you can just drive off and then cancel on the Uber App. I think you still get paid up to the point of cancellation (use the reason "pax behaviour'). And, the best part is because you cancelled, the pax can no longer rate. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I want to share about my experience on that. Although it is true that you will be paid for the distance and time until the first stop, you can still be downrated. My first 🌟🌟 came shortly after I left them to rot in Taco Bell but to me this is a trophy. Never can forget this first time! I do believe that if your account could be flagged for using the same reason for cancellation consistently. However, it is not like I care because if I did, I shouldn't even be doing these gigs in the first place. Nevertheless, I do agree that cancellation at the first stop is the best course of action after pretending to be a good driver. No verbal confrontations =)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
After the first stop, while the pax goes into the store, you can just drive off and then cancel on the Uber App. I think you still get paid up to the point of cancellation (use the reason "pax behaviour'). And, the best part is because you cancelled, the pax can no longer rate. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yep. With Lyft you just end the ride by putting your current location in by editing the destination. End the ride and bail. You get paid. I don't care about the low rating. They're going to give you that anyway because you protested their stops so just get paid while you can, rip the Band Aid off quickly by getting paid and raise up. Your next customers will 5 star you anyway.

I know on Lyft you can cancel at the first stop, which bypasses any ability for the pax to downrate you, but you also don't get paid for the first leg you drove. I would be surprised if Uber allowed to you cancel after making the first stop but still get paid for miles driven.

I know you can "end ride" on the first Uber stop and still get paid, but the pax will also be able to rate you on that transaction. They're probably going to say you used the N-word a bunch, which means deactivation for you and a free ride for them.

I'm also pretty certain that drivers who have "pax behavior" cancels on a regular basis will get flagged and possibly removed.
I edit the destination to that stop address, close out the trip and bail. You get paid. Done.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I know on Lyft you can cancel at the first stop, which bypasses any ability for the pax to downrate you, but you also don't get paid for the first leg you drove. I would be surprised if Uber allowed to you cancel after making the first stop but still get paid for miles driven.

I know you can "end ride" on the first Uber stop and still get paid, but the pax will also be able to rate you on that transaction. They're probably going to say you used the N-word a bunch, which means deactivation for you and a free ride for them.

I'm also pretty certain that drivers who have "pax behavior" cancels on a regular basis will get flagged and possibly removed.
When you get to that first stop, immediately hit continue ride or whatever, enter the current address, end the ride, and bail. You're paid for that time. Done.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Personally I don't mind the stops if the ride is at least 3 miles or so and as long as it isn't something ridiculous like they want me to wait for them to get groceries. It's the two stops within one mile $3.50 trips which bother me and I tend to cancel those.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
When you see little squares on the request or the words scheduled ride do not accept and if you do use the cancel button.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Most of the time I’m asked to stop, I do if it’s a quick run in to a store. I’ve been thrown $15, $20 cash tips on more than one occasion.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
$20 cash tips on more than one occasion.
Whoa, I've done thousands of rides...and try to accommodate "gas station" and quick mart stops but...I cant remember a single time I've been tipped a $20 for that...more like a couple bucks here and there....you might be working with a high end market though.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Whoa, I've done thousands of rides...and try to accommodate "gas station" and quick mart stops but...I cant remember a single time I've been tipped a $20 for that...more like a couple bucks here and there....you might be working with a high end market though.
One recent one that comes to mind is a late pick-up at a smaller market airport. They were headed to Daytona Beach after closing times for area grocery stores. They wanted food, snacks, beer, bottled water for their stay beachfront. I said, “Instead of going to shortest route through past the cow pastures, let’s head back toward the interstate and hit the Wawa.” They loved it and me for chilling for 10 minutes while they went inside and shopped. Shows their appreciation with an Andy.

Another recent one was an artist staying at an airport hotel. He was getting his creative on and wanted some supplies. I ran him up to Michael’s for canvas and paints. He asked me to wait for him. He was back in 10 minutes and handed me $15.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts