Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this gem in my email, feel free to run your errands while the schmuck driving you makes $6.50 an hour. I guess the 3 minutes a stop rule is out the window. I cancel all rides with stops, need to figure out a strategy of dealing with folks who add them, any thoughts?

1618338681414.png

Premium Member
Just got this gem in my email, feel free to run your errands while the schmuck driving you makes $6.50 an hour. I guess the 3 minutes a stop rule is out the window. I cancel all rides with stops, need to figure out a strategy of dealing with folks who add them, any thoughts?

View attachment 588947
You can tell them you have to pick up your kid from daycare, you don't feel well, etc, but as you know, telling pax NO to anything can result in false accusations by pax and at the very least, 1-star ratings.

I imagine there will be some drivers who will use this as proof that drivers aren't ICs and aren't their own bosses, both of which are true, but given that there's so many other ways besides this they don't need to use this latest smack in the face.

All you need to know is these companies have the power to dispatch, which is the ultimate power.

You can never be your own boss when another party has the power to dispatch, which is your lifeline to your earnings.

Premium Member
First I only get 480 an hour here Second I resent tapping to be the policeman but it's easy
Cancel I do it all the time
If I decide to do it and I feel questionable I tell the people that Uber into the ride after five minutes so take all your stuff as they were gonna send me somewhere else

Using talk to text I tell them Uber ends the ride after five minutes😂

Premium Member
When you get the stop added notify you just say "oh, I see the final dest. is changed to (address of stop)."

"No, we're making a stop."

"CORRECTION, YOU'RE making a stop. I don't see no reason it's gotta involve me."

"I'm gonna go inside, you're gonna wait for me. & then we'll go to the final dest.".

"WRONG AGAIN, my Good Man. YOU might be going to your final dest. but I ain't going w/you. I don't wait for nobody. Not for what Uber pays I don't."

"I'll give you1* & report you."

"Look, Mr. You already got 1*. As for that report garbage, you need to tell that shit to Rohit or somebody else who cares."

"But Uber said I could make 5 stops."

"Uber's name ain't on the reg. Uber don't pay for this car, hell, 1/2 the time it don't even pay for me & it ain't driving this car neither. I am driving this car & I ain't making no stop."

Premium Member
more than a bit annoying Uber tells them aok to add stops during a ride. sheesh. That should be blocked.
After the first stop, while the pax goes into the store, you can just drive off and then cancel on the Uber App. I think you still get paid up to the point of cancellation (use the reason "pax behaviour'). And, the best part is because you cancelled, the pax can no longer rate. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Premium Member
After the first stop, while the pax goes into the store, you can just drive off and then cancel on the Uber App. I think you still get paid up to the point of cancellation (use the reason "pax behaviour'). And, the best part is because you cancelled, the pax can no longer rate. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I know on Lyft you can cancel at the first stop, which bypasses any ability for the pax to downrate you, but you also don't get paid for the first leg you drove. I would be surprised if Uber allowed to you cancel after making the first stop but still get paid for miles driven.

I know you can "end ride" on the first Uber stop and still get paid, but the pax will also be able to rate you on that transaction. They're probably going to say you used the N-word a bunch, which means deactivation for you and a free ride for them.

I'm also pretty certain that drivers who have "pax behavior" cancels on a regular basis will get flagged and possibly removed.

Premium Member
I know on Lyft you can cancel at the first stop, which bypasses any ability for the pax to downrate you, but you also don't get paid for the first leg you drove. I would be surprised if Uber allowed to you cancel after making the first stop but still get paid for miles driven.

I know you can "end ride" on the first Uber stop and still get paid, but the pax will also be able to rate you on that transaction. They're probably going to say you used the N-word a bunch, which means deactivation for you and a free ride for them.

I'm also pretty certain that drivers who have "pax behavior" cancels on a regular basis will get flagged and possibly removed.
That's fine by me. I been cancelling and 1*ing for a loooong time. Still driving. They wanna kick me out, go right ahead.

Premium Member
My feeling is that for each stop the rate should jump to $1.00 per minute after 3 minutes.
At the very least, they need to add a countdown timer at the stop. If after three minutes they aren't back in the car, then you can cancel and get paid for miles driven. There should also be a black-out on feedback for these terminated rides by both the driver and the passenger. (I.E. the pax can't downrate you, and you can't downrate the pax.)

Uber already has a countdown timer for pick-ups. It is a tacit acknowledgement that our time isn't infinite. The same consideration should be given for intermediate stops. If nothing else, Uber should realize they are cutting their own throats by tying up drivers who could be more efficiently utilized picking up other fares who are ready to go.

That's fine by me. I been cancelling and 1*ing for a loooong time. Still driving. They wanna kick me out, go right ahead.
How many retaliatory one-stars do you get from pax? I know that is a common weapon disgruntled pax will use, and I imagine enough of those one-stars could lower a driver rating into "flagged" territory.

There are obviously plenty of Uber/Lyft drivers who don't need this as a job. They're just doing it to combat boredom. Star ratings are going to be meaningless for those folks. However, some "newbie" doing this as a sole source of income might not understand the pitfalls of one-starring every pax who crosses their path.

Once the vacationing ants get done sucking up all the Biden unemployment money, Uber will start raising the bar on driver ratings again.

Premium Member
The multi-stop is tricky....because a number of pax KNOW drivers cancel them out so...they will add them after the booking the ride (I check before I arrive, and cancel it out) OR after they jump in the car.

Meaning, multi-stops are unavoidable...its not IF its WHEN you'll get saddle with them.

If its one stop...then I let pax know they have a few mins, set my timer, cancel by min 3 (if they aren't out) and bounce. The time might be extended with an upfront cash tip....I got $15 tip today and waited longer.

If its more one stop...I just cancel the moment they leave the car...again, unless more tips are involved.

As I roll out, all anchors are placed at the nearest curb/lawn, etc.

Human anchors are encouraged to "go in and help" their follow pax hurry up, then I cancel and bounce.

Banned

View attachment 588947
Convenience to pax. How it should be.

Premium Member
Problem: Driver shortage
Solution: Utilize drivers less efficiently.
Good job Dara!
Encourage pax to get their ride cancelled OR simply left at their 1st stop (after driver bails out to get the next more profitable ride), from where they'll wait an hour for the "next available car"....that's how partner's make more...

Banned
Encourage pax to get their ride cancelled OR simply left at their 1st stop (after driver bails out to get the next more profitable ride), from where they'll wait an hour for the "next available car"....that's how partner's make more...
Can't wait for your first deactivation thread. 😁😁😁

Reactions: SHalester

Premium Member
I've been staying off Uber, mainly because their stupid "scheduled ride" crap is dispatching me to the pick-up 20 minutes before the pax requested it. Uber thinks I'm supposed to wait like a good little ant for the person to walk out to my car. Nope. Lyft goes on, and I'm off to pick up that ride instead. I cancelled both of my Uber pick-ups today for that very reason.

Now, this multi-stop crap is all but certain to keep me logged into Lyft for the foreseeable future. I'm not sitting outside of Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart for 11 cents per minute while better money awaits somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts