Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Australian UBER Drivers - We need your help to get National Media Coverage.

As I mentioned on another thread without National Media coverage about the plight of Uber drivers in Australia we will get nowhere. https://uberpeople.net/threads/we-have-listened.30592/

We all need to actively get our story out; with this in mind I have put together a rough list of the major media contacts across the Nation.

Given the amount of unhappy drivers that are on this site nationally we can have a voice and start to create a groundswell. And maybe just maybe we can make a difference for all of us.

These are only my thoughts - please feel free to add suggestions, offer services, contacts, etc. I am also happy to facilitate connecting people up discreetly.

Our esteemed HC drivers - surely you have built up a number of media/legal/ big end of town contacts in your travels that you could have a quite word with, if you have not already.

What would be wonderful to have are a few different themed Media Releases. Suggestions below.
• The impact of the GST on drivers
• The BS earnings that UBER are using to entice new drivers, whilst Uber are burning the existing drivers that help them take a share of the market
• The low fares that drivers have to endure, ratings etc, etc.

There are a number of very articulate people on this forum that really know what they are talking about, maybe they would like to also put something together. I seem to remember that someone on the one of the Aussie city forums has communications experience. Maybe they would like to assist with drafting something. Please put your hand up if interested.

Would also be wonderful to have a National Facebook page, if we don't already - we would need someone to set this up and act as a responsible moderator, so that bad language and abusive comments can be deleted. Twitter is also another avenue.

Also what about Change .Org petition - https://www.change.org/ just a thought 

In the mean time below are the contact numbers for various media outlets. You may also have media outlets that are not on the list that you may wish to contact.

Just remember to keep your language civil, factual and to the point.

Radio
• Call your local ABC Radio: you can call the ABC Radio anonymously if you wish, just explain why, they do respect that.
o 702 ABC Sydney: (02) 8333 1234
o 612 ABC Brisbane: (07) 3377 5222
o 91.7 Gold Coast FM: (07) 5595 2917
o 774 ABC Melbourne: (03) 9626 1500
o 720 ABC Perth: (08) 9220 2700

Television
• A Current Affair - http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx send a story

• 60 Minutes - http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/send-a-story/
o Phone: 02 9906 9999
o Email: [email protected]

• Channel Nine main numbers
o Channel 9 Sydney+61 2 9906 9999
o Channel 9 Melbourne+61 3 9420 3111
o Channel 9 Brisbane+61 7 3214 9999
o Channel 9 Adelaide+61 8 8267 0111
o Channel 9 Perth+61 8 9449 9999

• Contact the Today Show - don't have a number.

Print Media - write letters to the Editors, call, or email.
• SMH: Editorial and news
o PH: 02 9282 2833.

• Courier Mail Brisbane - they love a good story.
o PH: (07) 3666 8000 - Newsroom
o Email Newsroom: [email protected]

• The Age: Editorial and news
o PH: (03) 8667 2250
o Switch: +61 3 8667 2000

• WA Today: Newsroom
o PH: 08 9220 1560
o Email: [email protected].

I am also aware that there are some people working quietly in the background - if I am treading on fingers and toes please PM me and I do apologize in advance if that is the case.

Some content should not be out on a public site - PM people, just be aware of this going forward.

Please make an effort to contact anyone of the Media outlets if you are comfortable doing so.

· Registered
537 Posts
Hey Sydney #ShareDrivers,

There is a chance to shape new legislation for share drivers right now: the NSW Point to Point Transport Taskforce is calling for your submissions!

http://www.pointtopointtransport.nsw.gov.au/

Have your say
The taskforce will release a discussion paper outlining the key issues in the coming weeks. You are welcome to provide your views on the discussion paper when it is released and submissions will be accepted by email, post and facsimile.

If you would like to register your interest to receive a copy of the discussion paper, please email the taskforce at [email protected]

Submissions will be treated as public documents and may be placed on the taskforce website unless they are clearly marked "In confidence".

The taskforce will visit regional centres across NSW and will hold an industry roundtable event in Sydney after public submissions are received on the discussion paper.

* A hard copy of the discussion paper will only be posted to you if you do not have an e-mail address.

Media contact

0408 169 531

Media releases
1 July 2015 Solution for a changing industry: Taskforce to examine point to point transport

· Registered
6,422 Posts
Hey T&L, we should also start show our dissatisfaction and how uber is so unethical company to Ubers facebook and twitter page. If we drivers started to hit the facebook and twitter toghether, then that will give us good coverage
POST # 9/Shaun the Sheep: Your sugges-
tion [especially FB]
is SWEET MUSIC to the Haaard-Working
#1 Notable, chi1cabby , who has Gone
Begging for Twitterverse Participants that
are willing to give "Fratty Boi" Interna-tional Scofflaw #Travis K. Whatapr♡♡k!,
the "Pants-Down Paddling", in the Court
of Public Opinion, that he BEGS FOR!

Bison KNOWS "Corporal Punishment"!
Let's host a "Blanket Party" for 'Nicky.

· Registered
123 Posts

As I mentioned on another thread without National Media coverage about the plight of Uber drivers in Australia we will get nowhere. https://uberpeople.net/threads/we-have-listened.30592/

We all need to actively get our story out; with this in mind I have put together a rough list of the major media contacts across the Nation.

Given the amount of unhappy drivers that are on this site nationally we can have a voice and start to create a groundswell. And maybe just maybe we can make a difference for all of us.

These are only my thoughts - please feel free to add suggestions, offer services, contacts, etc. I am also happy to facilitate connecting people up discreetly.

Our esteemed HC drivers - surely you have built up a number of media/legal/ big end of town contacts in your travels that you could have a quite word with, if you have not already.

What would be wonderful to have are a few different themed Media Releases. Suggestions below.
• The BS earnings that UBER are using to entice new drivers, whilst Uber are burning the existing drivers that help them take a share of the market

There are a number of very articulate people on this forum that really know what they are talking about, maybe they would like to also put something together. I seem to remember that someone on the one of the Aussie city forums has communications experience. Maybe they would like to assist with drafting something. Please put your hand up if interested.

Would also be wonderful to have a National Facebook page, if we don't already - we would need someone to set this up and act as a responsible moderator, so that bad language and abusive comments can be deleted. Twitter is also another avenue.

In the mean time below are the contact numbers for various media outlets. You may also have media outlets that are not on the list that you may wish to contact.

Radio
• Call your local ABC Radio: you can call the ABC Radio anonymously if you wish, just explain why, they do respect that.

Television

I am also aware that there are some people working quietly in the background - if I am treading on fingers and toes please PM me and I do apologize in advance if that is the case.

Some content should not be out on a public site - PM people, just be aware of this going forward.

Please make an effort to contact anyone of the Media outlets if you are comfortable doing so.
great work compiling all the media contacts here.

· Registered
6,422 Posts

Radio

Television

POST # 1/Thelma & Louise (T&L): BLESS YOU, My Child! You have
answered chi1cabby's Fervent Prayers
and Provided UberRidiculous with a
"UPNF Soul Sister" on a Continent Yet-
to-be-Ravished by the Hyper-Avaricious
#Travis K. Whatapr♡♡k!'s Orwellian
Octopus..... #[F]Uber!

This Global-Menace-as-Scofflaw is All-about-the-Glory of the "Crunchies", a TechAward that amounts to Silicon
Valley "Fratty Boi".Self-Fellation....as Women are Only Afterthought-worthy.

Please continue Your Good Works and
consult with Fellow #2 Notable, The Lion
of the Southern Hemisphere, a Closer
Friend, Bison has not, Sydney Uber.

Mentoring Bison...Hopeful!

· Registered
2 Posts
Please go to your profile or inbox and you can start a Private Message (PM) in the conversations section.
Cheers. The PM system seems to need that a few requirements be met. So thanks for the likes everyone.

EDIT: Ah, not there yet. Need another few likes it would seem :)

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for your support guys and girls ( soul sisters unite) .

We need to take a longer view of how the Share economy is going to effect Australia going forward. It is not just UBER (the greatest sinner to date) but all company's that promote the shared economy.
This is a great opportunity to help shape how this will look and work in the long term. The last thing that we need is Australia being turned into a Third World country.

Please PM me if you are interested in speaking with the Media, I can assure you that all confidences will be adhered to.
Global views are also very much appreciated.

· Registered
295 Posts
How about getting Russell "The Oral Muscle" Howarth to a public debate on a News Program? That would be interesting
I reckon that if I was in Sydney, I would have approached Russell by now.
I think performing 'citizens arrests' on us is just wrong. I would tell him.
I wouldn't yell at him or anything. I would just tell him what I thought...

By the way, does anyone know why ACA keeps promoting an Uber story?
They promote some story, but then don't show it. They've done it twice.
It's a Sydney show, right? I think 'yes'. What's the story going to be about?

Reactions: Sydney Uber

· Registered
7,543 Posts
I reckon that if I was in Sydney, I would have approached Russell by now.
I think performing 'citizens arrests' on us is just wrong. I would tell him.
I wouldn't yell at him or anything. I would just tell him what I thought...

By the way, does anyone know why ACA keeps promoting an Uber story?
They promote some story, but then don't show it. They've done it twice.
It's a Sydney show, right? I think 'yes'. What's the story going to be about?
Yes I've noticed the promotion of the Uber Story, but then it wasn't played. Probably Uber slapped an injunction down to stop it.

It would then have a date set in court for a Judge to decide if the story was OK to run.

The Legal industry must absolutely LOVE Uber, and it's propensity for legal jousts.

· Registered
295 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.