Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done the training and driving uber assist in London? They are just about to launch this in Brum and not sure wether I want to be part of it or not.

Is their many pings for this service I imagine not...

The only reason I really am contemplating doing this is; they are paying us to go on the course it's January and its £50 I wouldn't have earnt on jobs in 3 hours.

Can't hurt, can it?

Anyone with experience of this please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I suggest if they are paying you to go on the course then they will want their pound of flesh afterwards ie you have no choice but to be offered assist jobs and if you dont take it you will be booked off.........ive never driven for uber but doing taxicard work could be problemstic but I knew tbe meter was running so not so bad but many times I would have paid someone to get out of tge situation......like parking the taxi to go up a towerblock to get a disabled person down , nightmare

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got the email. I went to the course. it's easy. it's about 3 hours long. I did it 3 mo the ago roughly. got paid 90 quid for 3 hours. plus parking. and since then haven't done a single assist job. so go for it. u get 90 quid for nothing. u can't earn 90 quid working on uber. so u might as well get 90 quid out of them while sat in a room drinking free coffee

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I got the email. I went to the course. it's easy. it's about 3 hours long. I did it 3 mo the ago roughly. got paid 90 quid for 3 hours. plus parking. and since then haven't done a single assist job. so go for it. u get 90 quid for nothing. u can't earn 90 quid working on uber. so u might as well get 90 quid out of them while sat in a room drinking free coffee
Thats intersting Geezer..so one I havent seen any advertising for this service have you ? Which means Im now thinking of my second thought I had that they are doing this to keep the "powers that be" happy and are able to say "we are doing our best for the disabled etc etc" anything to keep their licence

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thats intersting Geezer..so one I havent seen any advertising for this service have you ? Which means Im now thinking of my second thought I had that they are doing this to keep the "powers that be" happy and are able to say "we are doing our best for the disabled etc etc" anything to keep their licence
in my. opinion they doing sweet FA for disabled clients.

they probably just doing it to keep TFL quiet

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone done the training and driving uber assist in London? They are just about to launch this in Brum and not sure wether I want to be part of it or not.

Is their many pings for this service I imagine not...

The only reason I really am contemplating doing this is; they are paying us to go on the course it's January and its £50 I wouldn't have earnt on jobs in 3 hours.

Can't hurt, can it?

Anyone with experience of this please let me know your thoughts
Do the course if they are paying you, you are not obliged to go on to the platform, i understand uber assist is for disable people therefore your vehicle have to be accessible for people with disability.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Do the course if they are paying you, you are not obliged to go on to the platform, i understand uber assist is for disable people therefore your vehicle have to be accessible for people with disability.
Your car doesn't have to be wheelchair accessible, training should include showing how to fold & stow wheelchair in the boot, how to assist pax getting into your car, helping them at destination too.
All common sense really and a bit of patience and it's nice to help those pax who have life a bit harder than us able bodied

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I did the Assist training, for free online in San Francisco. In the six months since, I've had one legit Assist ride. Not to say I don't get Assist pings. I do. All day long, I get them. From twenty minutes away. Being the only trained driver means you'll get the call. I always call to confirm the need for Assist before driving to the pin, and let them know the situation. Most don't realize what they did and gladly cancel and request an X ride from a closer driver.

To tell the truth, helping the one lady that needed it made all the other calls worth the hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts