Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everybody -

I've been having an issue with the Uber application draining my cell phone battery. I have an HTC phone with a small screen. I turn off the phone's WiFi and BlueTooth. I have an application specifically designed to shut down applications in the background to extend battery life. AND, the phone is plugged into the car's USB charger (12V cigarette lighter with a USB "plug"). The phone uses mini-USB.

Despite all this, the phone's battery will drain completely dead in 2.5 hours. I have two additional batteries that I keep charged, but it's a pain to swap batteries on this phone. I don't like the fact that I have to pop off the phone's back cover a few times whenever I go driving - sooner or later, something's going to break.

I installed another app to monitor the phone's battery usage. The biggest power user, by far, is the Uber driver application. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to make the battery last longer?

Thanks!

-Robert

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have multiple phones on hand while driving.. and the HTC Desire 626 that I had as a backup - I have had to replace it and I will be phasing it out completely. The screen goes completely black and stays that way, I put on the power reserve setting, doesn't matter dies eventually. This was always a backup - so it's not a big deal, but I would suggest investing in a better phone for this application. BTW... AT&T now has a very reasonably priced unlimited data plan, I strongly suggest looking into it in terms of data use, but for battery issues, you just gotta get a better phone. Good Luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts