Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried to log into the Uber partner app and it says that I need to update. So I say okay but instead of taking me to the Google Play store it says install blocked becuase I do not allow installation from unknow sources. It makes me go into settings and then I have to click the box to allow unkown sources to allow installation. Anyone know why it is going this route?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here I haven't received a ping in hours even if I change location like every 30 minutes. Is something wrong with the update, I live in a busy area, the new update was in my phone for about 5 hours and got only 2 pings. Then the update was gone and it looks like the old uber app. Since then no pings. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was actually concerned about the update and so was checking between the uber partner and uber rider apps. I noticed what other have talked about: The partner app not showing any surges but the rider app showing surge downtown.

·
Registered
866 Posts
first I heard. So it auto arrives? you dont have any button you can hit that contains the word arrive/arrival?
I reloaded the Uber Partner app and "confirm arrival" now appears, in green, once I arrive. It Use to say "wait for rider" "rider has been notified" and than "start trip" It was a automatic notification, from Uber, not one prompted by me. What's that all about ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guarantee at some point Uber is going to prevent us from even starting the trip. The rider will have to confirm the start of the trip. I am guessing we will still have control over stopping the trip since anything can happen such as kicking out the pax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.