Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried to log into the Uber partner app and it says that I need to update. So I say okay but instead of taking me to the Google Play store it says install blocked becuase I do not allow installation from unknow sources. It makes me go into settings and then I have to click the box to allow unkown sources to allow installation. Anyone know why it is going this route?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ElectroFuzz, Did you update? Any changes to the app?
Yes major changes.
The whole thing looks different.
They also have this feature where they tell you where to go in order to minimize your wait time.
But it's useless to me.

;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing changed with the update for me but I haven't taken a passenger since the update. Will try to do some rides tonight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here I haven't received a ping in hours even if I change location like every 30 minutes. Is something wrong with the update, I live in a busy area, the new update was in my phone for about 5 hours and got only 2 pings. Then the update was gone and it looks like the old uber app. Since then no pings. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was actually concerned about the update and so was checking between the uber partner and uber rider apps. I noticed what other have talked about: The partner app not showing any surges but the rider app showing surge downtown.

·
Registered
866 Posts
first I heard. So it auto arrives? you dont have any button you can hit that contains the word arrive/arrival?
I reloaded the Uber Partner app and "confirm arrival" now appears, in green, once I arrive. It Use to say "wait for rider" "rider has been notified" and than "start trip" It was a automatic notification, from Uber, not one prompted by me. What's that all about ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guarantee at some point Uber is going to prevent us from even starting the trip. The rider will have to confirm the start of the trip. I am guessing we will still have control over stopping the trip since anything can happen such as kicking out the pax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts